Like Tree4Likes

Best dehumidifier?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    Apologies for the late reply. The hybrid Panasonic F-YHE15X. It's definitely more effective than the Mitsubishi (MJ-E100DX-H) that I have, but it also chews up significantly more power (off memory maybe 30% more wattage) when the compressor is running. It also has less functionality- you can't set preferred humidity levels like you can on the Mitsubishi, but it does have a sometimes useful warm/cool airflow function whereby you can set it so cool air is directed one way, and warm goes another. Useful if you're spending most your time in one room.

I bought a new whirlpool and the circuit board was fried after couple months. Luckily it was under warranty and they came to fix it onsite pretty efficiently. Working fine now.

Also have a cheap Carrier, which works generally fine.

If you use them for drying clothes, you will eventually need to have them serviced to clear the condenser of dust build up and clean the drain tray or build up occurs leading to leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:

If you use them for drying clothes, you will eventually need to have them serviced to clear the condenser of dust build up and clean the drain tray or build up occurs leading to leaks.
    Easy to do yourself!

Anyone know if dual voltage dehumidifiers exist? Need 110/2xx

Whirlpool Nano Silver

I second Mitsubishi's.

Word on (my) street is that they're the Rolls Royce of dehumidifiers. At the time I bought my two, they were amongst the most energy efficient also. No complaints from my end. (But definitely not the cheapest).

Has anyone bought a Fortress brand dehumidifier and can give an opinion? After my expensive Whirlpool one died after 2.5 years I'm reluctant to overspend on another one.

If you want value for money - Xiaomi
    If you want premium - Mitsubishi.