Like Tree5Likes

Dehumidifer with air purifer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Not sure I understand what you are asking.

The 3M stuff acts as a prefilter for coarse dust, so that the HEPA filter doesn't get clogged up with harmless dust (dust doesn't post a health risk like PM2.5 particles).

Once in a while you just replace the cheap 3M stuff with another sheet. At a stretch you can probably run 4-6 months, but you can just eyeball it and when the dust gets really thick, replace the layer.

If you do this, your HEPA filter should last for 3x or more what the manufacturer states.

This is based purely on what I've tried and measured with my own filters so YMMV. e.g. if you smoke at home or burn candles, it will probably be a totally different story.

Oh, right. I thought you meant to replace the hepa filter with the 3m stuff after it reaches it's 6 month lifespan. That makes much more sense.

@MABinPengChau - I saw that. First thing I'll do if I decide to go with that model is submit a lowball offer to the seller.

jgl

[QUOTE=-1983-;3708425]Oh, right. I thought you meant to replace the hepa filter with the 3m stuff after it reaches it's 6 month lifespan. That makes much more sense.
    /QUOTE]

Haha, no The 3M stuff does jack for air quality, all it does filter out stuff like cat hair and giant bits of fluff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2