Like Tree43Likes

Life goals?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ppqq:
    I gradurely realized the real/biggest happiness comes from hard working - whether it's for career or hobby. Endurance is fun. Most people don't have anything to devote to, that's sad.
    The above is the best post I have read on this forum. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    The above is the best post I have read on this forum. Thank you.
    Some ppl need to keep themselves busy, others can just live into the day, with no guilt attached to it.
    A lot depends on the society you were raised in, if you have a Protestant work ethic, you need something to do
    hullexile and Windmill65 like this.

One of the most important tenets of counseling/coaching is to ask questions and let/lead the subject into providing the answers for themselves instead of providing what you think the answers are. Life goals, happiness are pursuits that are individual and there are many different paths that can lead to the top of the mountain and each one is perfectly acceptable if you get there.

Spending some time trawling through the earlyretirement.org forum shows that everyone has different ideas (and needs) about how to spend their time once they're past the point of working due to financial necessity.

Unfortunately, there are only so many hours in the day and so many days in a life. When I was deciding whether or not to pull the trigger and move on from my career, one of the considerations was opportunity cost: going through the options (things I wanted to do) and figuring out which I would regret not doing the most.

I recommend making things with your hands, especially things that will outlive you. Rebuilding/renovating works too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3