Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Niki CS

ALIEXPRESS

Closed Thread

ALIEXPRESS

Hello, can someone tell me why all of a sudden Aliexpress will not ship to HONG KONG on everything and prices have doubled?
    I have been a regular shopper there for years, now in the last week, slowly everything has changed on the site regarding shipping and costs of products. I have tried to google and no information anywhere. Thank you.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/32/thread356938.html

For me, I'm slightly confused, since I thought Taobao was Alibaba's China service (including Hong Kong), while Aliexpress was global...

I am too it makes no sense for AliExpress to not ship to Hong Kong since it's Chinese....I don't know if it's a glitch in the system or a political issue....I've been a shopper for years on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki CS:
    a political issue
    ^^ This

Same as Banggood stopped shipping to HK last year.

Had this disagreement with them before.

They said they don’t ship within China, I told them that HK isn’t China and they said it is.

Ali Express IS shipping to HK . I am receiving packages from them and even got one today. Their FREIGHT charges have risen for their free shipping service because ( and this is an observation ) there is a lack of capacity in the postal system. The packages come to me using the e Express system and the HK PO has already issued notices about the length of time it is taking over normal because of the lack of freight capacity.

As I have mentioned on another thread, I have had problems with orders being cancelled by suppliers because they cannot ship from their city. This goes to the fact that COVID is nowhere near erradicted on the mainland and certain cities remain on lockdown.

Thank you for your reply, so do you think this will change at a later date and go back to the way it used to be after this whole covid crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by Niki CS:
    so do you think this will change at a later date and go back to the way it used to be after this whole covid crisis?
    David4Maths crystal ball is low on battery and cannot tell you the future unfortunately lol

Ok

chuckster007 likes this.

message the seller prior buying to see if they are willing to ship with SF Express it's inexpensive and will get to you in a couple of days if you use Ali shipping 45 days minimum.....