Like Tree23Likes

Portuguese Golden Visa Scheme

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Portuguese Golden Visa Scheme

Anyone considered this scheme?
    I'm looking long term to go to Europe, but will be a non EU passport holder by then ...
    I like Portugal, although I've only visited as a tourist.

Cornmeal likes this.

Not right now but perhaps down the road. Was it €300-500k property buy in gets you a fast track to PR status then citizenship in 5y?

Never been, but nice climate, good food, reasonable cost of living from what I've read.

Was our plan to visit this summer, oh well...

Yes, €500K, or €300K for older property.

Investments are limited to "areas of the Interior, Madeira and the Azores” as per the 2020 Portuguese budget. If your goal is a passport it might still be worth it, but probably not from an investment point of view. It's one of the faster programs afaik, only 5 years to citizenship. Spain and Latvia require 10 years.

will be a non-EU passport holder by then
    Makes it sound like you are currently holding an EU passport. Which country and why are you going to lose it if you don't mind me asking?

Better go via D7 visa route. Cheaper, better & with the same benefits. Golden visa doesn't have a sense.

mrgoodkat and emx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Makes it sound like you are currently holding an EU passport. Which country and why are you going to lose it if you don't mind me asking?
    BREXIT i guess lol
    drumbrake and HK_Katherine like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes after 5 years you can apply.

https://lamarescapela.pt/en/what-is-...20nationality.
    jrkob, drumbrake and DennisMilano like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Brexit

Original Post Deleted
    Keep some connections in Portugal aka pay the rent, keep phone number or etc. A don't fly out from Portugal, take a plane from Spain for example. There is no way to track you down.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Doesn't the withdrawal agreement give residency rights to any UK citizen who moves to the EU before 31.12.2020? Can't you just "move" to an EU country instead of Portugal? Seems cheaper than spending 500k to move to bumfuck Portugal. There is no way to track your residency within Schengen.

Mr Chips likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast