Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Jaz Paul
  • 1 Post By roxymatches

How to migrate to Canada or New Zealand?

How to migrate to Canada or New Zealand?

I read on the other thread of the golden visa to Portugal that there are some agents helping obtain a visa in Europe. I have a European passport but I would like to migrate to Canada or New Zealand instead.

I have visited a visa agent in HK, and also read a lot online. I am able to get enough points to migrate to NZ and Canada, but there are always people who have a few more points than me, so I don't get through. For example, I need (if I remember correctly) 140 points to migrate to NZ. I have these 140 points, but they only accept 10 people every 2 weeks, and the are always 10 people who have more than 140 points, to they chose those people and I never get selected. If I had a job offer, that would add another 40 points (or whatever it is) and I would be able to migrate. Investment visa is easier, but I don't have investment experience, so I can't apply for that visa.

I am looking for someone who can offer me a job in NZ or (better) Canada (British Columbia). I am happy to pay for this (for the time necessary until I can legally change job to a paid one). Does anybody know if there is an agent that can arrange this? I think it's not entirely legal to pay for employment, at least that's what an agent I asked told me. Volunteering for a charity wouldn't work, because I would need paid employment. Anybody has any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by john_1122:
    I read on the other thread of the golden visa to Portugal that there are some agents helping obtain a visa in Europe. I have a European passport but I would like to migrate to Canada or New Zealand instead.

I have visited a visa agent in HK, and also read a lot online. I am able to get enough points to migrate to NZ and Canada, but there are always people who have a few more points than me, so I don't get through. For example, I need (if I remember correctly) 140 points to migrate to NZ. I have these 140 points, but they only accept 10 people every 2 weeks, and the are always 10 people who have more than 140 points, to they chose those people and I never get selected. If I had a job offer, that would add another 40 points (or whatever it is) and I would be able to migrate. Investment visa is easier, but I don't have investment experience, so I can't apply for that visa.

I am looking for someone who can offer me a job in NZ or (better) Canada (British Columbia). I am happy to pay for this (for the time necessary until I can legally change job to a paid one). Does anybody know if there is an agent that can arrange this? I think it's not entirely legal to pay for employment, at least that's what an agent I asked told me. Volunteering for a charity wouldn't work, because I would need paid employment. Anybody has any idea?
    No idea about NZ. For Canada you also have the option of provincial nominations if you are in a priority occupation. Every province has different programs, just google them. There is also the possibility to apply for a work permit as owner/operator which will give you extra points for your PR application. There also is a provincial nomination program for PEI, which requires you to have a net worth of $600,000 CAD and invest/set up a business in PEI with a minimum of $150,000 CAD. After operating one year PEI will sponsor your application for PR. If you are in your mid-thirties or younger and have a bachelor or master the quickest way to improve your score is to learn French and do a language test in French.

Edit: Paying for arranged employment is illegal, but the last time I've heard about it the price for an arranged job with LMIA through an agency was ~ $40,000 - $50,000 CAD.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 07-06-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    No idea about NZ. For Canada you also have the option of provincial nominations if you are in a priority occupation. Every province has different programs, just google them. There is also the possibility to apply for a work permit as owner/operator which will give you extra points for your PR application. There also is a provincial nomination program for PEI, which requires you to have a net worth of $600,000 CAD and invest/set up a business in PEI with a minimum of $150,000 CAD. After operating one year PEI will sponsor your application for PR. If you are in your mid-thirties or younger and have a bachelor or master the quickest way to improve your score is to learn French and do a language test in French.

Edit: Paying for arranged employment is illegal, but the last time I've heard about it the price for an arranged job with LMIA through an agency was ~ $40,000 - $50,000 CAD.
    Thank you. Yes, I read about the nomination, but it seems very difficult, specially in British Columbia (I am not in a priority occupation). It's easier in the Northern Territory, because nobody wants to go there, but I don't think I can drag my wife and children to a place where it's colder than my freezer.

PEI as in Prince Edward Island? I didn't know that. I will check it out. Thank you.

I am in my mid-50s, and I do speak French. Any idea how I can find an agency that arranges for a job? I am ok with paying $40,000-50,000.

Thank you. Yes, I read about the nomination, but it seems very difficult, specially in British Columbia (I am not in a priority occupation). It's easier in the Northern Territory, because nobody wants to go there, but I don't think I can drag my wife and children to a place where it's colder than my freezer.

PEI as in Prince Edward Island? I didn't know that. I will check it out. Thank you.

I am in my mid-50s, and I do speak French. Any idea how I can find an agency that arranges for a job? I am ok with paying $40,000-50,000.
    Once you have successfully obtained your PR you are free to move to whatever province you want, you don't have to stay in the province that nominated you. But you might not be able to obtain citizenship if you they suspect that you had no intention to move to that province in the first place. Spending a few months in the Northern Territories and then moving to BC because you found a job there should be a totally valid reason. Better ask a lawyer though.
    50 is a bit too old to get a good score even with French and a PHD. Have you looked at whatever programs Quebec has?

I don't know how to find a shady agency to buy a job offer. I imagine that would be easier if you were Chinese, Indian or South East Asian.

Edit: If money isn't an issue go the owner/operator route. Successfully obtaining the LMIA will add 200 points for your PR application

https://www.drnlaw.ca/corporate-immi...-work-permits/

Japan is worth looking at too depending on your seniority and field of experience - very easy to get PR there quickly now if not averse to learning a basic level of Japanese whilst you work

buying job offers is not only illegal but also degenerates with fake employment offers make it harder for genuine applicants to get what they deserve so don't do it.

140 points is well above the minimum requirements, which are 100 points, to apply for nz skilled visa so there is no harm in applying and waiting. If you got loan sharks or triads on your trail then there are other alternatives to flee to much quickly.
    Last edited by Jaz Paul; 07-06-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    Kowloon72 and biffski like this.

If you don't mind harsh winter, having to wear a raccoon hat and drinking maple syrup at breakfast, there is a massive shortage of teachers in Quebec. I heard that they actually hire people with degrees and no teacher's qualifications as long as they enroll in a teacher's Ed program.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/is-quebe...%20profession.

!

Last edited by roxymatches; 08-06-2020 at 02:21 PM.

I truly believe that such discussions about illegal actions should be deleted by moderators!

ArrynField likes this.