Like Tree10Likes

Is now safe to travel to US for short period time?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is now safe to travel to US for short period time?

Need to go SF for couple days, will stay in hotel. It seems SF is relatively stable in term of covid19 pandemic. What's your suggestion?

If you need to, you need to. If you don't, sit tight.

shri, flameproof, Coolboy and 3 others like this.

Just look after yourself. Mask, hygiene, distance, don’t get in crowds.

How old are you? Do you have any underlying health problems?

Flying anywhere has risks.

If you go, take precautions. There’s a high risk, those around you won’t be wearing masks.

https://www.sfdph.org/dph/alerts/coronavirus.asp

SF is relatively safer due to their earlier lockdowns, but it still a dangerous place to go to.

Before departure get an MMR booster vaccination. There are some reports that indicate the shot can lessen the effects of the virus. Low risk vaccination.

Just finished trip to HK from US

I would go only if absolutely necessary. Remember, you will have to quarantine 2 weeks on return regardless of trip length. And U.S. may go on the "bad" list, meaning you do it in govt facility.

If you do stay in a hotel, ask the front desk for a room that hasn't been occupied in 2 weeks. May be a little dusty but the virus should be gone.

Don't expect much from the population. When I returned to U.S. in March, I was genuinely scared by the lack of concern and protocols. Coming back to HK in June was better but obviously not enough to slow the virus down.

Thanks. I will take extra cautions. Still wondering what the chance like to get infected. 1% ? or it's pure luck? Don't know when the pandemic will end in US. Looks like at least 3 months before getting significantly better.

1% odds

The 1% number may be right but when most people get sick they stay home and infection rates decline. Between the "I have my rights" anti-maskers and asymptomatics, one can't tell who is or isn't sick, and the rise in the U.S. is stupidly high imo.

ArrynField likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast