Like Tree160Likes

Travelling to the UK during this pandemic.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You have to give credit to someone who can get me, The Brit and Civil Servant, the triangle of disagreement, all on the same side of a discussion.
    TheBrit is just feeding off my Korea stats. He's still as clueless as ever.
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Perhaps you can take South Korea as an example. They had mass testing in place sind the beginning of the outbreak. You can see that infection to death rates haven't decoupled and that the ratio between the two is something similar to what we observe in Europe now. It just goes to show how unprepared Europe was and how underreported infections were during the spring. Basically your whole argument is based on shitty data.
    Garbage in Garbage Out....
    civil_servant likes this.

Of course one of the advantages of younger people not taking reasonable care and getting asymptomatic infection is that there is a good chance of spreading it to their more elderly parents or even grandparents and thereby standing an improved chance of receiving their inheritance earlier than they would have otherwise done. If this strategy pays off there is the justification that the risks were low, they never intended such a thing to happen and so on.

hullexile and HK_Katherine like this.

Of the 2,000 deaths a day how many are from contagious causes? I am guessing most are heart failure, cardiac arrests, cancer. So the risk of catching those on a trip to the UK is zero.

Of course no one should be thinking just about death. A few weeks in ICU is not fun. Permanent lung damage is not great.
    Much lower deaths from flu this year - which is one contagious disease. But I think other deaths fall into the similar category - for example - deaths by road accident. They are also a factor of travel (if you don;t get in the car you don't die) and choices (to drink and drive; to speed etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Allow me to translate your reply: I don't have an answer to the facts presented, so i'll attempt to distract from the message.

Unless someone comes up with some tangible reasons to explain how the de-coupling of deaths from infections has occurred in a way that allows them to re-couple again in the next few weeks, this debate ends here.
    The economist has a very good article this week which tackles that. https://www.economist.com/briefing/2...l-figures-show

Basically, I think their answer is "the number of actual cases in the first wave was 10-40 x higher than reported; plus treatments are better now".
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Much lower deaths from flu this year - which is one contagious disease. But I think other deaths fall into the similar category - for example - deaths by road accident. They are also a factor of travel (if you don;t get in the car you don't die) and choices (to drink and drive; to speed etc).
    Of the 2000 deaths per day how many do you think are road accidents?

Of the 2000 deaths per day how many do you think are road accidents?
    what 2000 deaths per day? The UK has covid deaths of about 30 per day at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    what 2000 deaths per day? The UK has covid deaths of about 30 per day at the moment.
    The 2000 deaths per day (46000/23) that Sage was talking about that I responded to in the comment you quoted. In fact my comment that you responded to in #104 starts with "of the. 2000 deaths a day". So you replied to a comment without bothering to read it first.
    Last edited by hullexile; 27-09-2020 at 04:32 AM.

Age breakdown of the new cases as compared to previous. Over and out, you are a dyed in the wool "it's just the flu", " it's all an overreaction " defender who believes quantity is better than quality. So no I am not bothering to argue with selective data, twisted data, dodgy sources. We can discuss again in January.
    I posted the age breakdown for UK deaths in Sept here and you have ignored it, just like all the other data that doesn't fit your view.
    Insomnia and Cheeky Kiwi like this.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast