Like Tree160Likes

Travelling to the UK during this pandemic.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Weird response. The obesity and general health issues are important as well.
    Yup it's a major contributor to both premature death and quality of life, we know that already, but it's hardly worthwhile to speculate what the covid situation would be like if not for the sugar industry, that's not the same at all as assessing obesity and diabetes as risk factors (which are highly relevant.)

How about we imagine we don't have heart bypass operations or stents, or blood thinning medication, how many more would die of heart disease?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I only base my views on science. Have since the start. I have a degree in science. I read many of the scientific articles. Which seems to be more than many on this forum.
    Please don't try to paint yourself as some kind of scienticific isavant, you've been manifestly wrong right from the bottom of very beginning of this pandemic. You have zero credibility.

Nobody who read your utter rubbish has forgotten it, and your appeal to authority defense of your Natural Sciences degree is as trite as it is predictable.
    hannah01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Yup it's a major contributor to both premature death and quality of life, we know that already, but it's hardly worthwhile to speculate what the covid situation would be like if not for the sugar industry, that's not the same at all as assessing obesity and diabetes as risk factors (which are highly relevant.)

How about we imagine we don't have heart bypass operations or stents, or blood thinning medication, how many more would die of heart disease?
    Yes it is complicated so I wouldn't even attempt to compare Spanish flu and covid numbers. I wouldn't dismiss comparisons though nor just rely on absolute numbers.
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Please don't try to paint yourself as some kind of scienticific isavant, you've been manifestly wrong right from the bottom of very beginning of this pandemic. You have zero credibility.

Nobody who read your utter rubbish has forgotten it, and your appeal to authority defense of your Natural Sciences degree is as trite as it is predictable.
    I have a strong recollection that she and/or hubby did not believe there was a man made component to climate change. I think it was the hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by TaD_LaLa:
    Incredibly confused by the direction of this thread.

Anyone care to summarize the salient points?

Or would that just be like pissing in the wind?
    Well, don't you see? It's just the usual Geoexpat stuff. One posts a question, another answers (may be relevant/irrelevant) that doesn't satisfy yet another geo-expatriate and he/she counter attacks/argues the "answer ". And from that point onward, everything goes helter skelter. You've to be able to filter them all.
    TaD_LaLa and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    That's to say, I graduated from medical school ( MBBS) and would never say anything merely based on googled articles.
    So those 2 ridiculously speculative articles you posted claiming Sp Flu is more deadly than Covid..... you trekked down to the library? Spent hours trawling through obscure foreign publications? Scanned them and posted the results?

Cos; I did write to the CDC to get their data on the age of Covid fatalities 3 weeks ago in anticipation of your expert argument being presented, and they were good enough to write back, but alas only to say they were a tad busy with Covid.

But fear not, google allows one to access their data through something called ‘The world wide interweb’.

Saved me getting on a flight to Atlanta, I’d highly recommend it!
    Last edited by Sage; 30-09-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Yes it is complicated so I wouldn't even attempt to compare Spanish flu and covid numbers. I wouldn't dismiss comparisons though nor just rely on absolute numbers.
    And so your comment brings us almost full circle, and I expect, to the end.....

Nor would I dismiss a comparison between Covid and the flu, but I also wouldn’t be foolish enough to attempt to suggest that the flu is somehow worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    So those 2 ridiculously speculative articles you posted claiming Sp Flu is more deadly than Covid..... you trekked down to the library? Spent hours trawling through obscure foreign publications? Scanned them and posted the results?

Cos; I did write to the CDC to get their data on the age of Covid fatalities 3 weeks ago in anticipation of your expert argument being presented, and they were good enough to write back, but alas only to say they were a tad busy with Covid.

But fear not, google allows one to access their data through something called ‘The world wide interweb’.

Saved me getting on a flight to Atlanta, I’d highly recommend it!
    There are valid arguments I can provide from medical journals which are accessible only to subscribers. If I posted them here, you'd not be able to go through it because you're not subscribed, and my efforts would be useless.

Aren't you finished with this back and forth waging of war (of the words)? I told ya, you go live in your world. To refute your statement of my two sources that I provided here being mere speculative, I can go to the lengths of Nile River (of course with citation) . But, we both know we will never reach an agreement, could we? Both of us want to "win" no matter what, eh???

So, stop with your attempts to "outperform" another member here. Chill mate.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    There are valid arguments I can provide from medical journals which are accessible only to subscribers. If I posted them here, you'd not be able to go through it because you're not subscribed, and my efforts would be useless.
    If the arguments are indeed compelling then by all means, screen shot a few pages and post them as images. I'm very, very comfortable finding my way around research papers.

But I do agree, the Sp.Flu vs Covid aspect was at the very best, only ever a minor distraction from the central point about falling mortality rates from Covid and UK risk, so even if we were to agree on the Sp.Flu comparison, it would largely be worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by TaD_LaLa:
    Incredibly confused by the direction of this thread.

Anyone care to summarize the salient points?

Or would that just be like pissing in the wind?
    No it is easy. Two opposing views (it may as well be Biden vs Trump) posting AT each other rather than TO each other.

One is trying to convince the other that black is actually white while the other is trying to say blue is pink.

Oh and pretty much true to form as with any thread on here The Brit chips in with his usual vindictive tongue and fails to break the habit of a lifetime by actually contributing something of value
    TaD_LaLa and Cheeky Kiwi like this.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast