Like Tree76Likes

would you tell someone to put on their mask ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If you are vaccinated and not wearing a mask you present less risk than someone unvaccinated wearing one
    The vaccines have been shown to be a minimised risk of passing on the virus, as shown you can still be asymptomatic but more than that you're blatantly just prioritising your own comfort over that of others' right to be and feel safe.
    East_coast and dinosaurs88 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond:
    No, being easy on the eye and smelling nice is the height of etiquette.
    I suppose simple goals for simple people.
    rkenia852 likes this.

If you are vaccinated and not wearing a mask you present less risk than someone unvaccinated wearing one
    Precisely the stupidity of doctors and nurses administering the vaccines whilst refusing to be vaccinated themselves and endangering the health and safety of those who can't medically be vaccinated. This is why elderly people in care homes are being indoctrinated into eschewing the vaccines. One rule for me, another for thee. "I know best, and don't you be telling me any different."

Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex:
    I suppose simple goals for simple people.
    Yes, because being unattractive makes one hardworking and mysteriously complicated?

The vaccines have been shown to be a minimised risk of passing on the virus, as shown you can still be asymptomatic but more than that you're blatantly just prioritising your own comfort over that of others' right to be and feel safe.
    You have no right to feel safe, how you feel is up to you. Vaccinated people are proven to be safer than unvaccinated people wearing a mask. Most masks only have a 70% efficacy. So even if you both wear a mask the protection is ~91%, which is lower than the 95%ish the Pfizer vaccine gives you.
    Sage and HK_Katherine like this.

Bullshit, stupidity is what makes some people in HK feel unsafe, and universally they’re unvaccinated.

That they feel unsafe has zero to do with others and everything to do with themselves.

Society should be jettisoning those that drag us all backwards, not pandering to their paranoia.

Those complicit in the pandering are definitely on the problem side of the equation not the solution side.
    mrgoodkat and Blowfish like this.

You have no right to feel safe, how you feel is up to you. Vaccinated people are proven to be safer than unvaccinated people wearing a mask. Most masks only have a 70% efficacy. So even if you both wear a mask the protection is ~91%, which is lower than the 95%ish the Pfizer vaccine gives you.
    It should be pointed out that 70% vs 95% totally misrepresents the actual relative risk profile of both preventative methods.

If today, 100% of people swapped masks for vaccines is anyone confused enough to believe that the risk from Covid to anyone would only drop by 25%?

Vaccines are far far far more effective than masks in every sense.
    Blowfish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    It should be pointed out that 70% vs 95% totally misrepresents the actual relative risk profile of both preventative methods.

If today, 100% of people swapped masks for vaccines is anyone confused enough to believe that the risk from Covid to anyone would only drop by 25%?

Vaccines are far far far more effective than masks in every sense.
    Covid vaccines don't stop the flu

You are missing the forest for the trees again
    Coolboy likes this.

I wear mask indoor but outdoor I pull it down, it's too bloody hot. If someone ask me why I am not wearing a mask I ask them if they are vaccinated. I was told by the police last week to put a mask on, you could see they don't like doing that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    I wear mask indoor but outdoor I pull it down, it's too bloody hot. If someone ask me why I am not wearing a mask I ask them if they are vaccinated. I was told by the police last week to put a mask on, you could see they don't like doing that either.
    I would look the other way if people are excerising outdoors, running, walking, etc, especially if they are doing it at night and away from the crowds, I will give them a pass for not wearing a mask. But if it just regular stuff like going out of your office to grab lunch, buy groceries etc, then there is no excuse to not wear a mask. So yeah, I will tell you to wear a mask in those cases. And if you ask me if I am vaccinated, you bet I am!
    Last edited by Coolboy; 13-06-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast