Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Firemin
  • 1 Post By Cornmeal

Oryx Lounge (Doha) - Transit Questions

Reply
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,158

    Oryx Lounge (Doha) - Transit Questions

    Can't seem to find an information on booking with them. I have a nine hours layover time in Doha ; on the selected date of my transit there, the Oryx hotel has no rooms available and I don't have any plans to venture out of the airport premises.

    All I could gather about the lounge is, after six hours stay, I'll be charged for the next "session" and that it's available first come first served basis ( so, pre-booking isn't available?).


    Or, are there any other better alternatives? Any suggestions pls? Thanks a lot!!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,972

    Upgrade to Business Class and stay in their lounge for the whole nine hours


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,642

    Try lounge buddy, used it for Dubai lounge bookings was good for 7hr connection, less than 300HKD at the time

    hannah01 likes this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    225

    I used a sleep pod last time I transited there (22hrs transit!!). It's basically a private cabin with a glorified lie flat business class seat but it was comfortable and quiet enough for me...

    https://dohahamadairport.com/relaxat...y-sleep-lounge

    shri and hannah01 like this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    6,583

    a nice bottle of Single malt, plastic cup and a sofa ish type of seating area is all you need to survive 9 hours, oh dont forget to set alarm on your phone so you dont miss your flight


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Upgrade to Business Class and stay in their lounge for the whole nine hours
    Nope. I'll be flying economy. Saving up for other purposes.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    I used a sleep pod last time I transited there (22hrs transit!!). It's basically a private cabin with a glorified lie flat business class seat but it was comfortable and quiet enough for me...

    https://dohahamadairport.com/relaxat...y-sleep-lounge
    I'll check that as well. Thanks! I realized that my layover is just 7. 5 hours. I could just take a lie down a couple hours in this lounge's cabin and then stroll around the airport.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    a nice bottle of Single malt, plastic cup and a sofa ish type of seating area is all you need to survive 9 hours, oh dont forget to set alarm on your phone so you dont miss your flight


    I've seen a lot of people do that but I'm simply not into it. I rather feel uncomfortable and unsafe (especially, since 8 travel alone most of the time).