Like Tree8Likes

Home student fees/UK universities

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    27,358

    How much does it cost to send your kid to boarding school for 3 years, plus flights, and how much are the fee savings? Is it really worth it?

    hike likes this.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A teeny flat
    Posts
    267

    Thanks everyone for the helpful comments. One less thing to worry about

    shri likes this.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    θ–„ζ‰Άζž—
    Posts
    43,332
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    How much does it cost to send your kid to boarding school for 3 years, plus flights, and how much are the fee savings? Is it really worth it?
    Sometimes it's cheaper than some of the international schools in HK. Combine that with savings from uni tution..
    hullexile and hike like this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A teeny flat
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by mgi:
    Why should the British taxpayer subsidise your kids UK higher education fees?
    Because our grandfathers and fathers fought and died for The Queen. If this is not a good enough answer, I lived in London for 7 years and paid tax so please go...troll somewhere else.
    Last edited by aava; 04-08-2022 at 11:59 AM.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,525
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    How much does it cost to send your kid to boarding school for 3 years, plus flights, and how much are the fee savings? Is it really worth it?
    No idea the UK, but in Australia, locals pay on average AUD$8,000 per year in university fees, which can be deferred until later in life when they get a job. International students pay on average $30,000 per year for the same course.So something like 3 or 4 times more.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    27,358
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Sometimes it's cheaper than some of the international schools in HK. Combine that with savings from uni tution..
    Yes I hadn't taken into account the cost of schools in HK. Changes the calculations a lot. Silly me.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Beautiful Britain
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by mgi:
    Why should the British taxpayer subsidise your kids UK higher education fees?
    Quote Originally Posted by aava:
    Because our grandfathers and fathers fought and died for The Queen. If this is not a good enough answer, I lived in London for 7 years and paid tax so please go...troll somewhere else.

    Whilst as a British taxpayer for 40 years and still contributing I empahsise with @mgi's comment.

    However, given that even subsidised UK uni fees are still a complete rip off you are welcome to to them.

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2