• 2 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By ByeByeEngland
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By bsh

Couriering Documents to Rural Northern England

Couriering Documents to Rural Northern England

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    Ah steam deck, enjoy. Once a parcel to me got delivered to the PRC headquarters instead.
    Does anyone have any input on what a reliable method for swift delivery from UK to HK is now - Not a parcel, just a document, but I need it to arrive pretty quickly (1 week ish, or less in transit).

It's being sent from a farming community in rural Northern England so getting DHL / Fedex might be too problematic? Just wondering if there's a reliable service from the post office (some form of recorded delivery?/speedpost?) that's not going to be held up for dissinfection by paranoid customs, ahemmm 'people'

Check with DHL, if they can get it there I'd say they're the most reliable outfit out there.

Certainly more reliable than the postal system, even in the UK.

Sage and emx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Does anyone have any input on what a reliable method for swift delivery from UK to HK is now - Not a parcel, just a document, but I need it to arrive pretty quickly (1 week ish, or less in transit).

It's being sent from a farming community in rural Northern England so getting DHL / Fedex might be too problematic? Just wondering if there's a reliable service from the post office (some form of recorded delivery?/speedpost?) that's not going to be held up for dissinfection by paranoid customs, ahemmm 'people'
    I don't think anywhere in England is too remote for couriers so it should be no problem.
    Sage and chingleutsch like this.

FedEx

Got my passport to Uk in no time.

A farming community in northern England is not going to be that isolated. They have roads these days.

Does anyone have any sense of how long the post offices recorded delivery services are currently taking to HK?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I don't think anywhere in England is too remote for couriers so it should be no problem.
    Anywhere north of Watford is isolated and rural, especially if it is Humberside. Grim as in Grimsby and I won't even mention Scunthorpe!
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Anywhere north of Watford is isolated and rural, especially if it is Humberside. Grim as in Grimsby and I won't even mention Scunthorpe!
    Wash your mouth out, no such place as Humberside.
    vmlinuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Wash your mouth out, no such place as Humberside.
    put lipstick on a pig!

when are they renaming the airport and all other things Humberside? Oh and the river!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    put lipstick on a pig!

when are they renaming the airport and all other things Humberside? Oh and the river!
    Sorry Sage.

Humberside was a modern artificial place name in an attempt to create one authority out of two locations that have never been together. Hull is Yorkshire and "over the water" is Lincolnshire. Chalk and cheese. It was an idea doomed to fail as neither side wanted it.
    markranson likes this.

If they do use Royal Mail, make sure they address it as just Hong Kong, not SAR China as it takes much longer.

Sage likes this.