Shanghai to Hong Kong

Shanghai to Hong Kong

A friend of mine recommended Santa Fe to me, so I filled out their survey etc, and spoke to them. They quoted me a fee that was about twice as much a I expected. The quote was itemized, and I see how expenses were broken down and I'm sure it's all justified, I guess I'm just taken aback a bit. The reality of my situation is that I'm just one person. I don't really have that much stuff, I have only 1 piece of furniture I'd care to move, my PC, clothes and other small odds and ends, it's just too much for me to actually move by myself from Shanghai to HK. I don't even need them to pack for me.

Anyone have any advice?

I think they have to pack the boxes themselves, as you could smuggle something in there. They are responsible for anything found in there after they have sealed it.

Dump the furniture ... and send the rest via post or a consolidator.

Send it by Post? I think that'd be pretty pricey too, no? What's a consolidator?

Please forgive my ignorance, I've never moved this way before, even in my own country and my mother's country.

Smile

The best and easy way is to contact any local logistics firm and get help. It is not very expencive i guess. But i gugest to dump all the furniture if they are not expencive.. If you need any contacts let me know. I can pm u the office details of my shanghai office and i am sure they can guide you..

Thank you I'd appreciate the help, please feel free to PM me the details. Truth be told I don't even know what a Logistics Firm is. All I really need is a simple moving and storage company that won't charge me an arm and a leg.