Best Place in New Territories to live?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best Place in New Territories to live?

I think I have decided to live in New Territories.

I am trying to save as much money as i can, pretty much half of my salary.

so that leaves me with roughly 20K HK per month.......if possible

i am not a huge spender....and i like a very simple life out there...with occasional shopping and eating out.

I want to find a cheap place, maybe for around 5K. Where would be the best place to find a housing that is nice, 1 or 2 bedroom, broadband internet, safe.

it doesnt have to be new territories.....you can suggest others...but i wanna try to keep it around 5 or 6 K.

i will be working in Tsim Sha Tsui....so i wanna keep the commute to around 30min or less.

thanks for suggestions

You can get some good deals in and around the HK Gold Coast. The Gold Coast Marina is a nice place to sit outside and have a coffee, and there is a shuttle bus which goes directly to TST.

I have been staying in Tsuen Wan for the last few weeks. I think the area is very nice. If you are lucky enough to stay in the newer building complexes, then you will have everything close to you.

I am moving to Tsing Yi at the end of this month. The area is very nice also. I can't speak off the other NT areas.

Later

Check out Shatin or Tai Wai. Nice places and not too pricy. With the train you can get to TST in less than 20 mins!

Also try Sam Tseng and Tsing Lung Tau on the way to Gold Coast. Good bus service that should get you to TST within 1/2 hr. Look at www.gohome.com.hk for listings

how about lamma?

if you like life in the country you could try Lamma. Flats in some of the remoter villages start from as little as 4.5K per month and there is a boat to Central at fairly regular intervals throughout the day.

Shatin is gooddddd~~that's where i lived

Tsing Yi, or Gold Coast. I would live in Gold Coast if I could afford it. I only pay 4,000 for a two bedroom and refuse to give it up!

4 year old thread resurrection. That might be a record!

And now I’m going to re-resurrect it!

I need to move to a bigger place. I have considered Gold Coast – it looks rather nice – but I’m considering all options.

My budget is 25-35k per month and I’m after 1500 sq ft or more. Also, being a dumb Englishman, my canto is sketchy at best – so nowhere too remote. All roads seem to point to Gold Coast but wondering whether anyone had any bright ideas. Needs to be commutable to West Kowloon (max 1 hour).

Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast