land right

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    majority of rural houses use a septic tank for sewage and waste water ( who is pumped very half a year, smelly affair!)
    I know we have one (Can see the air vent pipe coming out of it and its smelly) but in the nearly 3 years i have been here, never seen it being pumped, it must be at bursting point

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I know we have one (Can see the air vent pipe coming out of it and its smelly) but in the nearly 3 years i have been here, never seen it being pumped, it must be at bursting point
    maybe your house in rural village has a septic tank shared between your neighbours, thus, when the big smelly lorry sucking the muck, the extraction point is not near your house. hard to say really, possibly linked to the septic tank for the public loo in yoru village as nearly all villages have a public loo, luckily it's quite far from my house as it apparent stinks when the smelly truck comes ever half a year.

Well, I have been considering keeping and seeing about one day relocating. I'm not familiar with a lot of the rules of it all, but I have spent several years in and around HK. I didn't know it had much value, but it would be near Hong lok I believe. I'm trying to figure out my place in all of this.

Hope this helps you help me.

What exactly is the process involved with selling?

I was under the impression the right to build a small village house was only allowed in the confines of your indegenous village, is this correct?

Therefore you would need both the right to build and also own the land aswell. Can't see the HK Government giving people some plot of land to build on!

umm... the general rule is the the new house is in the same area as the old village, but this cannot logistically always be the case. sometimes, the gov't does grant the land in a neighbouring area.

the house we have in tsing yi is in the "new village". uncle's other house and ancestral house were in the "old village". however, tsing yi has now run out of space. uncle was informed that this new village is the last of it's kind to be built. villagers & gov't will have to come up with a new plan for future houses.

indigenous villagers in tsing yi would never be granted land rights in, say, sai kung... too bad as the value of houses in sai kung is so much higher!

of course the gov't gives them the land...that's the whole point.

How come you don't have any stars on your HK ID?

my sisters and brother all Have all there stars and they are all born in the UK and both my parents were born in HK. you should check that out. My youngest brother was born in 1984 so i guess you where born in 1985 so he's only 1year older than you and he too has all his star.
    All my brothers has land rights in Sai taw Kwok (not sure how to spell it, can't be arsed to google it). not fair!!!

land rights in sha tau kok ( 沙頭角) is not worth that much due to geographically location esp in the closed border area, however, considering their will be a new highway adjacent to sha tau kok rd to ping che and a border crossing near heung yuen wai ( 香園圍) as well as possible commecial development in the resticted area as for mainlanders with the need for visa, the price will eventually go up in a few years time.

Quote Originally Posted by cybapunked:
    I was under the impression the right to build a small village house was only allowed in the confines of your indegenous village, is this correct?

Therefore you would need both the right to build and also own the land aswell. Can't see the HK Government giving people some plot of land to build on!
    The government gives them the right to build on a plot of government land, which was mentioned earlier.

If they already own village land, this is a different matter.