land right

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Does anyone know where you might go to sell something like this? Is there a site to place an ad? Anything like that? Do you look in the newspapers, etc?

Seems the best place to start is your village leader, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

You go to the estateagency just like you would as you where selling a house.

Someone gave me a red dot for this and said I'm wrong.

Actually I'm right. Whoever you are, I think it would be better if you try to prove how wrong I am here.

oh an estate agent, thanks I'll see what i can find out!

So am I correct to say that even tho I don't have 3 stars on my HKG ID as long as i can prove that my ancester have lived there for more than 100-200yrs then I can sell my HKG land right?

Quote Originally Posted by philip1985:
    So am I correct to say that even tho I don't have 3 stars on my HKG ID as long as i can prove that my ancester have lived there for more than 100-200yrs then I can sell my HKG land right?

have you already obtained the land rights (丁權) in the first place, if yes, then you can sell it, or are you asking whether you're entitled to land rights (丁權) in the first place

Whether I'm in entitled to land rights, I know that all my uncles have sold theres, but just not sure if I can because of my hong kong ID

Why can't your father or uncles provide you with any help? From what I know, many details depend on the actual village you come from and the rules that they have set up. In my village, to have the right to sell (and build if you have land) you would have to be written up in the VILLAGE birth registry which has nothing to do with actual DNA birth, since in the past a lot of people who did not have male children would purchase male heirs to continue their family name.

Although I was born overseas, my grandfather held the "banquet" one month after my birth to ensure that I would be written up in the village registry. For my village, if you are a male heir by DNA but not in the registry, villagers can still 'oppose' and prevent you from selling your rights or building a house.

You might be OK if you don't have any intention of 'claiming' any land or building a house and people know that you are only trying to sell your right. Villagers are much less likely to 'oppose' you in this case since a lot of people are looking to buy the right to build.

I don't think that permanent residency is required to sell your right, but don't quote me on this.

You should definitely contact your village elected official for more information.