land right

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

land right

My Hk ID says RO on it, both my parents are chinese and were both born in hong kong but i was born in england. I got my over 11 HKG ID done in 1996 at the same time when my parent got there adult one renewed and i applied for my adult one in 2006. I have no stars on my HKD ID, i'm hoping to sell my land right and i was wandering if this affects it in any way?

If this doesn't affect my land right how do I go about to sell them?

is your father indigineous? if not, what landright are you talking about?

also, there is HUGE penalty for selling...at least that's what my hubby told me.

Landrights from having settled in hong kong for over 100 years i think, so my grandad dad, and my granddad.

i've never heard of a penalty?

I'm all a bit confused with this all. My uncle and my granddad have sold theres and they got around £25,000 each

land right is only applicable to indigineous villagers, most of whom can trace their ancestry back MUCH farther than 100 years. my hubby's family have been in tsing yi for almost 300-400 years (don't know exactly). it is only applicable to the male descendents not to female.

not sure if we are talking the same thing or not.

who did your relatives sell to? to other family members? if that is the case, it could have been done under the table as land in hk is worth a heck of a lot more than 25k pounds. my husband's uncle paid the gov't $1M for his "landright house" in tsing yi. if he sells it before a certain length of time, then he has to pay a huge penalty. the house is worth about $6M, but from what hubby tells me, his penalty could be 1/2 of the worth of the house.

Yep same sort of thing to the male descendents, they were sold outside the family i think to property devolpers.

is there any website that you know of that I can research more information or know of any contacts.

i dont think my land rights are the same value as your husbands.

How did this all work out for you?

I too have the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by carang:

also, there is HUGE penalty for selling...at least that's what my hubby told me.
    I'd be surprised if that were true... the indigenous villagers flout the laws all the time. "Small houses" (as per the 1973 policy) are intended for the use of the family only, but they are routinely let and sold to outsiders. Sometimes the right is sold even before any house is built.

The government won't act against the villagers because it relies on the Heung Yee Kuk reps always supporting it in Legco.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    land right is only applicable to indigineous villagers, most of whom can trace their ancestry back MUCH farther than 100 years. my hubby's family have been in tsing yi for almost 300-400 years (don't know exactly).
    The cutoff date for the Small house policy was 1898, the year the lease on the NT was signed. As long as you could prove direct ancestry from, or prior to, this date, then you qualified under the 1973 policy.

i am only telling you what my husband's uncle told me... there is a HUGE penalty if they sell before a certain length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    I'd be surprised if that were true... the indigenous villagers flout the laws all the time. "Small houses" (as per the 1973 policy) are intended for the use of the family only, but they are routinely let and sold to outsiders. Sometimes the right is sold even before any house is built.

The government won't act against the villagers because it relies on the Heung Yee Kuk reps always supporting it in Legco.

thank you, i realise that... i was only saying that many villagers can trace their ancestry much farther back than 100 years....

Quote Originally Posted by Pekkerhead:
    The cutoff date for the Small house policy was 1898, the year the lease on the NT was signed. As long as you could prove direct ancestry from, or prior to, this date, then you qualified under the 1973 policy.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast