Cash from the UK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Hong Kong, from UK

    Thanks folks

    Thanks for the advice folks... For what it's worth, I'm not aware of any relevant currency limits from either the UK or HK, and I can't find any references to any online... I guess now I've boasted about the size of my wad, I'm going to have to turn up to a night out and buy a round - although it's not that big a wad, and I'm sure HK booze prices won't do it any favours

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy:
    If you have a HSBC bank account in the UK and one here in HK - can you transfer the cash over? or banker's draft?
    Yeah, through the Internet Bank - but you need to register the account in person at a branch office.

    I transfer money to my sister in UK (HSBC) from my HK account (HSBC) often. so far no problems.

  3. #13

    zatoichi - do you get charged much for transfering withing HSBC accounts? I need to send money home to pay bills in UK - so want an idea of what to plan for

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2003

    I get personal cheques from the UK which I cash at a money changer in TST for no fee at the travellers cheque rate. If you want to do this on a regular basis, you need to opewn an account with the money changer first.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hong Kong


    Go up several posts and you will find a link from KIA to HSBC's tariffs.