My new bike was stolen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by thundacatchergo:
    yes, theft is very annoying. don't leave anything unattended if you don't want it stolen.

bike locks are very ineffective. park your bike at home.

if any car is illegally parked on government property, the government has every right to tow the car away and it is not considered theft.

suggesting to OP to spend half the value of his/her bike in a bike lock and have his/her bike stolen again is not helpful.

who here actually rides a bike in HK?
    Idiot. There is a big difference between the gov't towing a car away because it was illegally parked and someone stealing it.

I live in Tai Po.. We have a bike trail in front of my building. I parked next to the trail. Apparently, you've never been to NT.

yes, theft is very annoying. don't leave anything unattended if you don't want it stolen.

bike locks are very ineffective. park your bike at home.

if any car is illegally parked on government property, the government has every right to tow the car away and it is not considered theft.

suggesting to OP to spend half the value of his/her bike in a bike lock and have his/her bike stolen again is not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalover:
    I was imagining what a 60k second hand bicycle looks like

Wtb will swing by your place and give you a look maybe.

Now I know why I saw a motorbike last night with no front tire. I guess the owner wants the guy to work to steal it.

Sorry for your loss.

HK does have a lot of urban area, if u just stay in the city then off course u aint going to see bikes being ridden, places like tuen mun, tsueng kwan o, faniling, taipo, sheung shui etc. all these places you will see people ride bikes all the time.

y

i do. keep it in a (public) carpark in the gold coast.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalover:
    I live in Tai Po.. We have a bike trail in front of my building. I parked next to the trail. Apparently, you've never been to NT.
    Ah, if you're in Tai Po then you're in prime bike theft territory. If you get another bike, the suggestions that I mentioned before should work.

A bike thief is going to be thinking of 2 things:

• How appealing your bike is. Make it less appealing with tape or a bad respray.
    • How easy it will be to steal. A d-lock is harder to break through than a chain. If you want to make it even more of a pain in the arse to steal, take the front wheel off and bring that inside with you.

If your bike looks worse, and has better protection, than bikes around it, it should be relatively safe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3