Shipping boxes via USPS to HK from the US

Closed Thread

Shipping boxes via USPS to HK from the US

Does anyone know how the customs duty and brokerage fees are charged for boxes sent via USPS? For instance, I am thinking about making my move via USPS, since I have no large furniture pieces to move, and have about 25 boxes to ship. I plan on shipping them to a friend in HK for receipt. Will my friend be charged custom duty and brokerage charges on the other end in order to receive the boxes if I send them via USPS? Thanks to any information you can offer.

There is no customs duty in Hong Kong. Your friend in HK will not be charged anything, no brokerage charges whatsoever.

Only you will pay a lot of money for shipping by USPS. I have used FedEx, DHL, BAX, USPS. They are all too expensive.

which shipping method do you suggest then? My parents have some stuff they'd like to ship me.

its expensive to ship via USPS, DHL, FEDEX, or UPS.

To put it into perspective, I pay about US$100 fpr each time i ship a 24" X24"X30" box.

and that was about the cheapest i could find.

Youre best bet would be to call up some sea shippers (international movers) and see if they are interested.

You can always ship via Air Freight.
    Their min. is 45 kgs. But you have to pick up at the airport.
    Approx. HKD30 - 35.00 @ kg.

Ocean Cargo, they charge by the cbm, cubic meter.
    Way cheap that way. However, you'd have to pay for the transport of the goods to the shipyard, etc.