Hong Kong Salary

Hong Kong Salary

Looking at maybe moving to Hong Kong. Have a possible employer asking what salary I'd be looking for.
    I'm 34 single and would be working as a Shipbroker. Can anybody give me realistic ideas of HK salaries for professionals?

Another employer mentioned a figure of abt US$ 100,000 last year.

any advice would be appreciated.

Shipbroker, 34 .... Mind divulging a bit more information ? ... like years of experience, background jobs, current salary etc. There are numerous layers in the shipbroking biz ... where do you fit in ?

Oh yeah, cprosper is one of our resident head hunters.

Hi Cprosper,
    10 years experience as a Shipbroker. Took a year out to study law so no current salary.
    Rosbif

My possible employer has mentioned a figure of HK$40,000 monthly basic plus bonus. Sounds a little low to me. Any thoughts on this? Is it enough for a decent lifestyle and a chance to save a bit?

I have no idea what is involved with shipbrokering or what the bonus rate structure is, but purely from 10 yrs experience, you should at least be breaking 50K -60K barrier. 40K will afford you a decent (i.e. better than avg. local, but bear in mind that avg includes quite a range)

I'll be happy with this salary ====> HK$40K per month

I have just been offered a job in HK - I am on £38,000 per year in the UK and have been given 44,000 HKD per month in Hong Kong. Is seems very comparable re what you will get for your money - but I should be a bit better off in HK so I am told
    Hope that helps!

Claireabella, it is mostly due to the tax difference, I would imagine?

Decided not to take the job. I part way through studies to convert to being a maritime solicitor. Will finish my studies and then see what is around in a years time.