Like Tree6Likes

Hong Kong Noah's Ark - Now Open !

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

i F-in hate Park Island more and more...with a passion. why do they build some crap a$$ theme park on a small over crowded residential island???? why do they want to bring more and more toursits and crowds to a small island that is already overcrowded with residents. why is it that they do not plan actual usable space for residents?

i will be honest and say that i wish that "arc" sank somehow. noone should get hurt...but it should sink into the depths of the ocean and be long forgotten. instead to be replaced by a open park for people to stretch out on the grass, enjoy the weather...and so on.

and dont even get me started with that crap "ma wan park" either. which is the worst excuse for an attraction i have ever seen. its funny how all of the "look out points" are nothing more then a large level area of wood planks bolted together, with absolutely no view other then trees, and how they "preserved many trees along the path to preserve nature", even though they wasted a ton of wood on the walkway and look out points, when they could have used stone and dirt for a normal trail. and that steamy fake snail shell??? wtf is wrong with these people?????

My understanding is that building a park was the agreement that the developer of Park Island made. I think that the intention behind Ma Wan Park was good, and I agree with BenderBends regarding the construction, but could you really imagine the targeted parents allowing their children to walk on a stone and dirt trail?

Don't know what's the what with Noah's Ark. My husband's school took a trip there, and he said that it was awful, though thankfully not overly religious.

Although we didn't move from Ma Wan because of the ark (we moved to be closer to my husband's work), it certainly made the move easier. ;P

Benderbends, having a bad day huh? haha I guess you will be moving from Park Island pretty soon!

lol....i wasnt until i saw this thread. Everytime i think about the atrocities of this islands development....i cringe.

i am actually planning on breaking my lease as i hate it here so much now.

i mean...who makes a beach front property complex with all of the BBQ pits and picnic areas inside the courtyard so that you can only see skyscrapers around you? who makes a nice outdoor pool next to a scenic ocean front view only to be blocked by trees? who encourages more and more tourism to use the only bus and ferry system offered here, when the residents are already complaining about not enough transportation offered?

park island had such potential for a nice and "clean" residential environment....and instead they decided to toss it all

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:

i mean...who makes a beach front property complex with all of the BBQ pits and picnic areas inside the courtyard so that you can only see skyscrapers around you? who makes a nice outdoor pool next to a scenic ocean front view only to be blocked by trees? who encourages more and more tourism to use the only bus and ferry system offered here, when the residents are already complaining about not enough transportation offered?
    You sound like a likely inmate for the SeaRanch
    The Sea Ranch Hong Kong

I've looked down on that place from the hiking trails above an wondered who actually lives there - does anyone know anyone who does?

I must admit the 660sq.ft 1 bed, 1 bath apartment for HK$650K is a little tempting as a getaway, particularly if you can hike out of the development up the hill onto the Chi Ma Wan peninsula...

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    lol....i wasnt until i saw this thread. Everytime i think about the atrocities of this islands development....i cringe.

i am actually planning on breaking my lease as i hate it here so much now.

park island had such potential for a nice and "clean" residential environment....and instead they decided to toss it all
    And the expats left two by two...........

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid:
    You sound like a likely inmate for the SeaRanch
    The Sea Ranch Hong Kong
    ive been wondering what that place was all this time when i passed on the way to ZhuHai....thx, but i think thats a bit too cut off. i think id rather move to Hung Hom again, or maybe try HK island

Make it Hung Hom! Our breezes are almost as good as those in Ma Wan at times. ; )

So is the Noah's Ark just a crazy creationism "museum"?