Can I get these products in HK? or do I need to stock up...

Can I get these products in HK? or do I need to stock up...

Hi,

My husband and I will be moving to HK in the next two months or so. Would just like to know if I can purchase the following items I use regularly in HK, or maybe if I would need to stock up before setting foot in HK. (For the medicinal items - would I need a prescription or can I buy it freely at a pharmacy?)

1) Benadryl (Acrivastine) for allergies
    2) Elocon cream (Mometasone furoate)
    3) Northisterone
    4) Levonelle (levonorgestrel - just in case!)
    5) Diprobase cream
    6) Garnier Soft Face Wipes (pink)

Many thanks for your help.

Christina

never heard of any of the things... best thing to do is to stock up (most of these things are more expensive here anyway). but it will also give you a window to source these things or something similar once you arrive.

i always stock up on things when i'm "home".

Go to this site: GovHK: Medicines. It lists meds approved in HK. If in doubt, take the above advice and stock up. I know a Benadryl equivalent is sold over the counter here. Just need to ask a pharmacist when you arrive.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I've found the HK names for some of the active ingredients that I need. Anyone heard of Semprex capsules? And Elomet 0.1% cream?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ~christina~:
    Hi,

My husband and I will be moving to HK in the next two months or so. Would just like to know if I can purchase the following items I use regularly in HK, or maybe if I would need to stock up before setting foot in HK. (For the medicinal items - would I need a prescription or can I buy it freely at a pharmacy?)

1) Benadryl (Acrivastine) for allergies
    2) Elocon cream (Mometasone furoate)
    3) Northisterone
    4) Levonelle (levonorgestrel - just in case!)
    5) Diprobase cream
    6) Garnier Soft Face Wipes (pink)

Many thanks for your help.

Christina
    I've seen #1 in stores. #4 is prescription-only (I like your "just in case" bit! But do you really use this "regularly"??), and there are plenty of substitutes for #6. I used to "import" truck loads of Boots' own brand wipes but have eventually switched to locally available brands like Nivea.

I would imagine you can find reasonable over-the-counter substitutes for #2 and #5 as well.

Does anyone know if Dermalogica is available in HK?

google is still your friend...

Hong Kong - Dermalogica USA

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Does anyone know if Dermalogica is available in HK?
    There is a dedicated retail store on Hollywood Rd/Aberdeen St in Central.

In terms of medication, whatever you can find elsewhere you will be sure to find in HK, even if it goes by another name. It's HK, not Antarctica.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Elomet 0.1% cream is listed on the government website (which means it's registered) and on MIMS (distributed by Zuellig).