How to use my TV from US here?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks guys! My TV works!! kristof you were right, the adapter had taken the jolt. I got a new adapter with higher watts and the TV turned on. Now I just have fix the NTSC and PAL thing. I am so so relieved

I hope it's a multi-system tv.

it aint gonna work if it is not multi system.

as far as I know the US does not make multi system anything or dual voltage anything.

All the same ask the Sony guys to look at it.

And next time remember....you can't just use adapters for voltage you need step up/step down transforners.

Well for now we can atleast watch DVDs

I have a sony guy coming coming tomorrow. Lets see....

So..... my TV from the US is on a NTSC system. The Sony repair man could not do anything about it. He said a few years back, they had conveters to switch from NTSC to PAL and vice-versa. But now, since the TVs in HK are multi-system, they do not keep such converters in store. However, he suggested a neat trick..... buy a multi-system VCR (with tuner) and connect cable to it. If the VCR can switch systems automatically, this should solve my problem.

There is also a costlier solution. Buy the converter itslef which is hopefully available in Shan Shi Po (I think thats the name), Kowloon.

So what do you guys think?

Does it have a S-VHS input? You might be able to buy a tuner like the one recommended here.

http://www.devlib.org/forum/thread19.html