moving to HK and clueless

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

yeah but Spirou is Portuguese

looking at the name ...thought he was greek too..ah well kostas has to cruise alone...once again..

Portuguese? ROFL! I thought he was Greek!
    *smacks forehead*

Oh well, Yassou Kostas!

Yassou to you too

Yeah, it sounds like a Greek Cypriot surname. He got me too for a while till I checked his profile.

Unhappy

yeah i'm portuguese alright, but not from macau.

and i'll never forgive the greeks from stealing the only half-decent chance we ever had of winning a football cup,

as u can see i'm still sore 'bout that... not thier fault though

spirou's just and alias. a character from a comics series. it does sound greek, now that u've mentioned it

And I'll never forgive myself that I didn't place a decent bet on my country's team.. I wouldn't need to work for quite a long time

spirou's just an alias. a character from a comics series. it does sound greek, now that u've mentioned it

Tai Koo, there is actually a well developed property called CITI PLAZA
    http://www.cityplaza.com.hk/homepage.html

so you can just walk to work from your home
    the properties actually are very popular in rental market among japanese and koreans family.
    therefore, there are many foreigners living there, too.
    and the shopping center is huge!!

Quote Originally Posted by spirou
    Dear all,

I've just accepted to join design office in Tai Koo, starting mid-October and, apart from a few days wandering around Central and Wan Chai, and a brief trip to Kowloon, I know nothing about the whole HK living experience. I love its buzz though.

So...

First things first. I'll need a room in a flat fast.
    I've lived in London for a few years (Old St area, West Hampstead, Chalk Farm, Kentish Town) and LA (Chinatown, Brentwood, Marina del Rey), so i've done the rounds and always found a way to fit in.
    Can't say I loved my California experience - just can't stand the LA-induced isolation experience. But I did like SF just from visiting, u really don't need to drive, and it seems HK can offer me something similar.

If any of you guys can offer me some help adjusting in any sort of way, - areas i should search for, actual flat-share offers, tips about getting from A to B - I'd be glad to hear from you. Just drop me a line.

Best,

Manel
    Hi
    I too got a job in a design office in Tai Koo... will start in November... we could share a flat but I'll be back in HK at the end of Oct... I'm italian 35 y.o. male... drop a line if you're interested

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast