How hard is it to get a work permit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Baron,

You clearly don't get out very much - the majority of bands in bars/clubs in HK are from the Philippines.

'clearly'...i just don't go to many bars that have bands playing!

mercury_element,

it is so good to hear that u got a job here, it brings me .. hope.
    Do you mind to tell, how long you spent to find a job and how to find it? did u stay in hk to find a job or stay in your home country? My friend wants to find a job here but no reply even he sent many emails to the companies, he thinks it is impossible to find a job here..

I'm hoping my bf can come out to work in HK next year, but after reading through all the visa threads, I'm really worried now.

I am a HK resident, so could he get a 'dependant' visa off me, no plans for marriage?

Or, there are so many English teaching positions, could he apply for one, get a visa through them and then look for a job here and change jobs?

You have to be married to get a dependent visa.
    A dependent on a HK non-permanent resident doens't ha v ethe right to work in any case.
    Employment visas are linked to specific employers. If you wish to change employers you need to go through the whole application / justification process again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2