Urgent, marriage

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Urgent, marriage

hello all;

i(HK Citizen), and my girlfriend (Canadian) want to be together by mean of marriage. but both side of the parents do not agree/wont agree with that. so that will mean that we will be apart maybe foreva, so we want to get married somehow without telling both side of the people. but just get to know that during the ceremony, two adults will have to participate in and sign the marriage ceritificate, which means impossible for us.
    can anyone suggest a solution to this(getting married without anybody to know with marriage certificate)? im so sorry for the inconvenience, but we are so stuck.

thanks all

What about 2 friends who wouldn't tell your parents?

can two friends work? like as long as they are over 18/21 year of age? will the registration office provide the responsible persons to sign the paper?

man, why do we have to be apart.. everybody plz suggests some solutions

Well basically 2 adults can be anybody, usually friends, they won't "provide" these people you have to come to the marriage with them. But they don't have to be from your family, or be the same nationality or anything. They just come, witness the ceremony, give their id details and sign.
    I don't understand, in a previous thread you say you're canadian, wondering how hard it would be to get a working permit in HK, and suddenly, u became a hK citizen marrying a canadian girl, it's confusing

Have you really sat down with your parents and talked it over? Getting married this way will only lead to more problems, and perhaps resentment between the two of you further down the track. Can i ask why both parents are against the marriage so much, are you both young?

to Kristof,
    in the last thread my gf was asking that question to obtain a permit. but it's impossible given her experience.

to Baron,
    the situation is really confusing, 'coz we just graduated right out of university in canada, i knew her for quite a long time. there is no way both parents will agree on that. but if we dont take this path, we will basically be apart foreva, and got no result. therefore we just wanna do that now and be together and work in hk and later on we will have a ceremony and let both parents know, that way it will be better.

Maybe you don't need to be married? Why not go to HK together, job hunt and see how it goes, settle and start from there?

im already in hk, i got a job, but then my gf she doesnt have much experience, she wont get the sponsor from the employer. but she cant just be here to try, once she is here she has to get it. 'coz there is no way out.

Quote Originally Posted by new_bie
    hello all;

i(HK Citizen), and my girlfriend (Canadian) want to be together by mean of marriage. but both side of the parents do not agree/wont agree with that. so that will mean that we will be apart maybe foreva, so we want to get married somehow without telling both side of the people. but just get to know that during the ceremony, two adults will have to participate in and sign the marriage ceritificate, which means impossible for us.
    can anyone suggest a solution to this(getting married without anybody to know with marriage certificate)? im so sorry for the inconvenience, but we are so stuck.

thanks all
    hey new_bie,
    you say the parents do not/wont agree... does this mean you have said, hey guys, we're getting married? or does it mean you suspect they wont agree? you'd be suprised what even the most "traditional" of parents will agree to if tey know you have thought about it and it aint a "whim of fancy" or spur of the moment thing. most parents want happy kids, rather than kids that wont talk to them.

i'm not just speaking empiracally here, have some experience in this, but all circumstances are different.

i think your olds would be shell shocked and hurt if you did this behind their back. my thoughts (tell me to butt out, that's fine) is to tell them what u want, and then tell them if they dont agree you will do this. this gives you the chance of keeping peace. if you have already tried this, and your only option is doing as u have suggested, then sorry for blabbing on.

hope it all works out for you

my side may agree, but her side wont, 'coz they dont want her to come over here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast