RE: Part time maid

RE: Part time maid

Hi all,

I am thinking of hiring a part time maid for approx 3 hours per week. Please could anybody advise of approximate costs, and where to look?

Thanks

Hi...

its 60 per hour... well it depends on your location, if demands for transportation fee.
    if you want i can recommend someone.

Thanks

I am living in Causeway Bay area. Does it cost a lot more to go through an agency?

Thanks

hi,

yeah you can go to an agency to hire a part time helper, but i think it will cost a lot... why dont you ask your friends in HK, maybe they can recommend someone who can do part time with you, at least you can fully guarantee that you can trust them.

ciao

Try register with Smart Living (ERB 僱員再培訓局). I've hired a Chinese part time maid from them and she's very helpful. She is $60 per hour + transportation cost.

Employees Retraining Board

ERB - Smart Living

With the smart living, if the helper is stationed in the same area then no additional transport cost.

If there are from a different area from where they are cleaning then they claim a transport subsidy from the ERB department.

The employer has to buy insurance for the cleaner though. Remember at costing around HKD3-400/year and it covers any cleaner within the apartment.

HKD60/hr sound right for a good helper. I think it starts around HKD50-55/hr.

i m thinking to hire someone 8 hrs a day, 6 days a week. not necessary must be Chinese person. where can i find these type of ppl?
    thanks

You'll want a Foreign Domestic Helper (FDH), google it for companies to contact.

Minimum wage for those is HKD3680/mth and normally live in. You'll have to pay an additional housing allowance if you don't want the helper to stay with you.