unlocking my phone

Closed Thread

Question unlocking my phone

I saw a thread a while back on here about how you can use your Uk phone in hong kong if you get it unlocked and then you could place a HK sim card inside. Does anyone know how I can get my phone unlocked from vodaphone? the men in the shops will not tell me anything, and there are sites online that say they can do it if you pay for a code but my friends tell me it is a microchip thing. CAn anyone help? can I get it done in hong kong?

thanks
    claire

If you've been in a contract (phone supplied for free, or with a discount) for more than a year, then they have to give you the unlock code (customer service, by phone).
    If they refuse to do it, or can not, bring it to some hk computer market and the guys will unlock it for you.
    You might also find the unlocking info online googling "unlock + your phone brand and reference"

Quote Originally Posted by claireabella:
    I saw a thread a while back on here about how you can use your Uk phone in hong kong if you get it unlocked and then you could place a HK sim card inside. Does anyone know how I can get my phone unlocked from vodaphone? the men in the shops will not tell me anything, and there are sites online that say they can do it if you pay for a code but my friends tell me it is a microchip thing. CAn anyone help? can I get it done in hong kong?

thanks
    claire
    as far as i know it is just a code. wen u take it into a shop and pay a fee, they just punch the code in (depends on make/model etc), or if u pay ur teclo they send the code to the fone...

the fee online is only a couple of bucks, isn't it?

if ur really worried just go to Sham SHui Po (or eBay) and grab a brand new really outdated GSM fone for under $200HK - they still do the basics, but no good if u want GPRS etc. u'll still pay a decent price for a good fone..

It is just a code or sequence of numbers and hashes and asterisks.

thanks - that is a great help!

Its a CODE-Calculated from IMEI & netweork opreator.
    Which Brand / model / opreator?
    Some older model can unlocked by code calculator.
    (Try at your own risk)
    http://unlock.nokiafree.org/download.php