Gay Rights in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Furthermore, it's not in most readers' financial interest to comment any further, since it's all about finance and economics!

When did Geoexpat.com forum users become immigration officials? Immigration officials MAY have interest in incomes... to deny that fact is to be ignorant of human greed.

How did the topic get changed from gay rights to capitalism and personal income???

Anyway, come to Ontario.......... where same-sex marriages and smoking a joint is not against the law!!! If you come to Toronto, you can even get SARS, Mad Cow, West Nile, Blackout and Hurricane... for no additional cost!!!!

Emigra

Hello

Hello, don't really know how to comment to this thread but, it just goes to show that there are so many vaiables when it comes to immigration, and even if people are not happy with it for their particular case that is they way it is.

Sorry to see this thread go downhill so fast. My post was really a comment on how shortsighted the immigration rules are, as having two of us in HK permanently will mean more spending locally on a full time basis.

The mention of UK tourist visa was an incidental comment, not an incitement for some of the subsequent comments.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Well, point it at the webmeister for that. However, the unabashed apologist line for status quo (non-acceptance followed by complete justification in the same breath, going by tone of language) played no small part either. All the points have been made and I think the webmeister has to be on the verge of jumping in declaring this thread closed with his final say (he possesses the technology for that).

I really do fail to understand the accusations levelled at me. I did not write the rules, nor do I intend to break them, regardless how inconsistent they are.

I am currently working in Mumbai and Delhi, with a team of staff from India, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Philippines and the UK. And you think I am a racist ? That is strange.

I thought this forum was informative and a promising insight to help with the move to HK, but if it's acceptable to attack me for this reason then you'll not be getting my support any further.

Ugh! My apologies for err.. neglecting this thread after my comment.

My point was to bring some perspective into the picture 180 days is MORE than enough for a vistor.

Beers are on me the next time we meet.