Requesting Cathay Pacific Information

Closed Thread

Requesting Cathay Pacific Information

Hello All!

I am interested in becoming a Pilot at Cathay Pacific. If there is anyone out there that can post me some info on the company, such as, schedules, what to expect at an interview, pay, moral, training, etc..... I sure would appreciate your information. Thanks in advance!

Here's what I know about CX pilots.

They usually are amongst the best paid and best trained lot. Not too sure about their moral, given that they're the best paid lot in the industry they tend to fight hard to protect their pay scales -- resulting in a lot of bad PR against CX when CX is negotiating with the pilot's unions.

The best place for you to do your research is pprune.org or pprune.com (my network connection is very unstable and I cant figure out which is the original Professional Pilot's Rumer Network site).

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

The moral of the story is that it is not their morals that are in question but their morale!

There was also some sort of attitude of existing pilots towards new pilots after the skirmish of a few years ago when CX fired a few pilots (new ones cannot join the union - or something like that, but that could be dated). Very recently the papers were talking about a number of pilots looking to file individual action against the company in the hope to make a previous court ruling in favour of one pilot who filed action to apply to all of them who fit the situation (which CX has so far refused to do). Don't let this alone dissuade you without your ascertaining the facts first (newspapers play up stories) - in the air the pilots sound most professional! And flight safety record still remains second to none.

Thanks for the info, keep it coming! Oh, and I did mean morale, sorry.

Thanks Paul that is a great forum!

i'm also wishing to get on with cathay pacific. just finished a Second Officer initial interview with them last week, now hoping to hear about a second interview in HK. www.pprune.org is a great site for information. to get on to the passenger fleet you must start off as an SO, but on the freigher fleet you start as an FO, however they require previous jet experience for that. i believe starting pay for an SO is just under $50,000US/year + housing allowance. not sure on sched, or any of the other stuff.
    hope that helps a bit.

Anyone have any experience with regards to the Pilot Cadet Programme?

CX is a great airline to work for and ranks amongst the top jobs as far as pilots are concerned.It is very compassionate towards it's employees but very strict and firm on rules etc too.It is not easy to get in as they take pride in choosing the very best and training is very meticulous.The IFALPA ban was just a farce and now has been lifted since a few months.Go for it and good luck!