Super Typhoon PARMA

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

it seems heading this way but the weather forecast indicates otherwise i.e. fine and dry early next week

Another one behind it

There is another one MELOR behind PARMA !!.
    Severe Weather Information Centre

I havent dug up data, but I get a general feeling of many more severe typhoons this year. Severe Climate change is on us?

What do people think?

Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    it seems heading this way but the weather forecast indicates otherwise i.e. fine and dry early next week
    Becuase it won't get to us by then, later in the week I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by shanx999:
    There is another one MELOR behind PARMA !!.
    Severe Weather Information Centre

I havent dug up data, but I get a general feeling of many more severe typhoons this year. Severe Climate change is on us?

What do people think?
    You're right about that... climate change it is. Although I also do think that this wave of typhoons could be the last for the year. Typhoon season generally tapers off in Oct. Maybe it's going out with a bang this year.

Hope Manila doesn't get too badly hit.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Becuase it won't get to us by then, later in the week I would imagine.
    the hk observatory forecasts sunny weather till to thursday...

HKO projects a more northern path while TSR website expects a shift westward ... Although it's supposed to get less strong, Cat 2 compared to 4/5.

I normally would welcome a mid-week break - but the synoptic chart shows that it is pretty deep and intense. Hope this one stays away.

I am originally from Manila and got a lot of friends and families who have been affected by the severe flooding last week. I am seriously worried about this... they actually call it Super Typhoon in Phils., 3-in-a-row.... so, please help me pray for my fellow Filipinos. And, if your not the religious type---- just "wish" them luck and safety.

Typhoon Parma Spares Manila, Now Headed Toward Taiwan

Looks like it's going to go east ... so Taiwan should be fairly safe. Also, it's not a Super Typhoon anymore (cat. 5), only 1 or 2 ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast