Super Typhoon PARMA

Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,006

    it seems heading this way but the weather forecast indicates otherwise i.e. fine and dry early next week


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    hk
    Posts
    66

    Another one behind it

    There is another one MELOR behind PARMA !!.
    Severe Weather Information Centre

    I havent dug up data, but I get a general feeling of many more severe typhoons this year. Severe Climate change is on us?

    What do people think?


  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    it seems heading this way but the weather forecast indicates otherwise i.e. fine and dry early next week
    Becuase it won't get to us by then, later in the week I would imagine.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by shanx999:
    There is another one MELOR behind PARMA !!.
    Severe Weather Information Centre

    I havent dug up data, but I get a general feeling of many more severe typhoons this year. Severe Climate change is on us?

    What do people think?
    You're right about that... climate change it is. Although I also do think that this wave of typhoons could be the last for the year. Typhoon season generally tapers off in Oct. Maybe it's going out with a bang this year.

    Hope Manila doesn't get too badly hit.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Becuase it won't get to us by then, later in the week I would imagine.
    the hk observatory forecasts sunny weather till to thursday...

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    126

    HKO projects a more northern path while TSR website expects a shift westward ... Although it's supposed to get less strong, Cat 2 compared to 4/5.


  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tung Chung, Lantau Island
    Posts
    101

    I normally would welcome a mid-week break - but the synoptic chart shows that it is pretty deep and intense. Hope this one stays away.


  8. #18

    I am originally from Manila and got a lot of friends and families who have been affected by the severe flooding last week. I am seriously worried about this... they actually call it Super Typhoon in Phils., 3-in-a-row.... so, please help me pray for my fellow Filipinos. And, if your not the religious type---- just "wish" them luck and safety.


  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    mid-Levels
    Posts
    873

    Typhoon Parma Spares Manila, Now Headed Toward Taiwan


  10. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    126

    Looks like it's going to go east ... so Taiwan should be fairly safe. Also, it's not a Super Typhoon anymore (cat. 5), only 1 or 2 ...


Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast