pakistan to hk license

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

pakistan to hk license

Hi Everyone

I know that pakistan is on the list for straight exchange of license.
    However Im not sure if one can exchange their license whilst not in hong kong. I am in pakistan and wanted to get my license before I visit so that I have the hong kong license. In light of this I will have no hong kong ID, and no bills for address. Not sure if they will accept my docs via post and return license abroad to me.
    Ive heard of so called agents who will charge a fee and apply for me and go in person for me and get it sorted, any advice on these so called agents will be great.

Any help will be great.

thanks

license for what?

if you live and work in HK (u will have HKID) then you will need to change your driving, if your just a tourist then you should have an international license to drive in HK.

driving license.

Want i need advice on is if I want a hong kong drivers license by exchanging my pakistani license. Is this possible if I:
    a) Do not live in hong kong
    b) Do not have hong kong ID
    c) Do not have any address in Hong Kong

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mohmyster:
    driving license.

Want i need advice on is if I want a hong kong drivers license by exchanging my pakistani license. Is this possible if I:
    a) Do not live in hong kong
    b) Do not have hong kong ID
    c) Do not have any address in Hong Kong

thanks
    no id no license.
    why do you want to get a hk driving license. if i am correct, your tourist visa is only good for 14 days, right?

No you can't. Driving licences in general are based on your place of residence. If you're not resident in Hong Kong then you can't get a HK driving licence.

I recieved the below email from the hk td. Thanks for all who replied even though no body got it right.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Re: Direct Issue of Full Hong Kong Licence

Thank you for your email of Oct 2. On behalf of the Transport Department, the information is provided as follow –

A Pakistan driving licence holder may try applying for the direct issue of the full driving licence if the applicant fulfills the requirements of the direct issue. Please be remind that the application must be submitted in person or by agent to our Hong Kong Licencing Office. Both orginal and copy of your identity doucumet must be submitted to the office; such as your passport and Pakistan driving licence.
    For detail please refer to the below link which diverts to the transport department website.
    Transport Department - Driving in Hong Kong for Overseas Driving Licence Holders
    A form TD63A is attached for your reference.

For your information, a visitor arrives Hong Kong and will not stay more than 12 months can drive in Hong Kong with his or her valid international driving licence or foreign country driving licence

You did note the line where it says you need to bring your HK ID card with you to obtain the licence?

3.1.3 What to bring?

Hong Kong Identity Card (original and photocopy);
    Posted via Mobile Device

somehow i dont think you will be doing any sight seeing while you are in hong kong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast