Overstayed by mistake - help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Issue date is:
    15 april 2005.
    and it says valid until 15th of october.

Thats all.
    Very simple visa.
    I got it from STA travel.

Since hk tourist visas give 90 days from the date of entrance I thought maybe this was the same and the date of the 15th is just for entrance and not for exit too.
    But then someone informed me that this might not be the case so I freaked and here I am.
    Also even I get the 5000 from my father and pay it at the border it just means I wont have money for my ticket to denmark.
    Ii cant ask him for 10000 like that he doesnt have that kind of money to give. He is an old man.

What does it say on entries/remarks/Days of each stay/Enter Before/Issue Date?
    Which of these appear?
    I honestly recommend that you rush to the border right away and just try not to pay a fine because it is possible, so just take the chance, if you wait more, then you are sure to pay for it.
    Explain everything, nothing terrible will happen as told you before.

Oh yeah. Definately don't get consulates involved.. everyone will loose way too much face.

Plead, beg and bargain .. give them all the face that they need.

Having no money complicates things but it's not the end of the world.

I would seek advice from your consulate or embassy (I assume you are Danish):

China, Royal Danish Embassy, San Li Tun, 1, Dong Wu Jie, 100600 Beijing
    Tel.: +86 10 65322431, Fax: +86 10 65322439, E-mail: [email protected], Web: http://www.dk-embassy-cn.org/

China, Royal Danish Consulate General, China Hotel Office Tower, Suite 1578, Liu Hua Lu, 510015 Guangzhou
    Tel.: +86 20 86660353, Fax: +86 20 86670315, E-mail: [email protected]

They will be able to give help and suggest who you need to see. Be prepared for a lot of bureaucracy and a lot of questions.

Last edited by Sand; 20-10-2005 at 12:45 PM. Reason: 'casue I can't spell advise

I don't agree with KIA on this one.

I have found the UK consulate in GZ very helpful, especially in grey areas and their advice has saved me a lot of time and money.

However, I would suggest you ask for advice rather that asking them to get involved directly. At the very least they should be able to outline what to expect.

Last edited by Sand; 20-10-2005 at 12:44 PM.

Well ask your consulate for advice, they will remind you that you are under chinese law in the chinese territory, explain you that you broke the law, the fine is 500 Rmb a day, maximum 5000, and nicely explain they can not help you with the money or dealing with the chinese authorities on this matter.
    I honestly hope you're already on the way to Lowu.

Quote Originally Posted by superlayer:
    Issue date is:
    15 april 2005.
    and it says valid until 15th of october.

Thats all.
    Very simple visa.
    I got it from STA travel.

wait.. are you sure the visa isnt valid for ENTRY until 15 October?

Eh Superlayer, did you make it?

It could be entry but it doesnt say if its entry or not thats how I read it too but I got nervous when a friend told me that might NOT be the case.
    I didnt overstay on purpose.
    It was a mistake...

I still am waiting for money so I can at least survive in hk for a few days after I leave china.

But without a ticket I am still in deep damn shit.

And I couldnt even pay one day penalty at the moment.
    And if they asked to take all my money I would have no money in hk and no way to survive.
    Would they just take my money? Or my computer etc?
    It has all my work and my whole life.

Seem to put your self in a dopey situation. Understand you don't have any money yet to pay for your fine - so you better stay there until you've got the money...

Prepare yourself for the questions and write down the consulate info in case - that's all you can do!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast