Rent flat/room- $2-3000 / month

Closed Thread

Rent flat/room- $2-3000 / month

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can rent a flat or room (for 1-2 persons)

* for a period of 3 months starting from 25 Nov 2005 - 2 Mar 2006
    * costs preferably BELOW $2000-$3000 per month
    * anywhere in HK

Thanks

There are a number of empty village houses in Kam Tsin village, Sheung Shui, and rents are around your budget level.

hey lybenben read one of your other posts about coming to HK and how you had it better in the states...well, same here. if that's the kind of money you want to spend and still have high quality of life i suggest Sioux City or Fargo or something, you won't find it in HK.
    came to HK because i enjoyed living in East Asia over the last few years and because i am free here from certain pressures existing back home...however, the cost is prohibitive. not sure how long you been here, but this isn't the sort of place you come to explicitly for the purpose of saving money, because that way you won't enjoy the many good things on offer.
    figure like 6000-10000 monthly for rent/transport and you should be OK. ditto for food.
    and pray you're not noise sensitive...anything that isn't super-posh will invariably be unlivable...get feedback from people, they'll tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by lybenben:
    Hi,

Does anyone know where I can rent a flat or room (for 1-2 persons)

* for a period of 3 months starting from 25 Nov 2005 - 2 Mar 2006
    * costs preferably BELOW $2000-$3000 per month
    * anywhere in HK

Thanks
    Is that US$ or HK$?

If HK$, then there might be places below HK$ 2,000 where you can STAND comfortably with two persons.

You might be lucky, if you know some local people. I mean local, not Expats. You can also try China, where the rent is somewhat cheaper, away from the border region. Then you'd have to travel to HK all the time you need to.

HK$ 5,000 is more realistic, even if hard to find on the open market.

If you mean US$ 2,000, then that translates to HK$ 15,000 and for that you can find hotels for longstaying guests. The Ibis wants HK$ 7,000 per month. Or any kind of decent apartment not too far from downtown.