Like Tree1Likes

Airport Express Monthly Commuter Pass

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Airport Express Monthly Commuter Pass

Hi new to the site.

I am in the process of moving to HK and I am trying to calculate my costs. I work for a major airline and will be commuting daily to the airport. I don't want to live to close to the airport and was looking at the Airport Express as the quickest way for the daily commute. Does anyone know if the Airport Express offers a monthly commuter pass? I have looked all over the net and searched the MTR website unsuccessfully.

Thanks!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Not too many airport workers can afford the Airport Express on a daily basis. Most take the E buses or the MTR to Tung Chung and the S1 from there.

Joseph098765 likes this.

Last edited by reinkarnation; 10-11-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: wrong info

Airline Crew get (or at least used to) half-price on the Airport Express

Half price is still not affordable for most of them I suspect. I live in Sheung Wan in one of 3 Tung Wah hospital owned buildings where there are flight crew living and they take the bus not far from here to the airport from what I see. It is the last stop before the Western tunnel so they get a faster ride than if they taxied to the HK Station for the expensive ride.

I live nearby too, the A10/A11 buses are actually faster and more convenient (and cheaper)

Plus if you take the bus, you have half-price same day return. The only cheaper way to get Airport express tickets is to get it from agencies that offer discounts on them, ie approx 130 for RT from HK, cheaper if from Kowloon.

From what I understand lots of airline staff live in DB or Tung Chung area. . . I guess that's a more convenient commute?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Airline Crew get (or at least used to) half-price on the Airport Express
    Same-day return is cost of a normal one way fare I believe (HKG-Airport) at $100.

Half price might not be bad. I am still working on the final pieces of my contract and trying to get the company to assist or pay for my transport in full. Looking at the worst case scenario if I have to pay out of pocket.

You can apply for "Airport Staff" personalized octopus card from your company. The MTR offers discounted prize for the airport staff. Pls check with your company. The details are in below link
    Octopus - Consumer - FAQ

Last edited by mmsG; 10-11-2009 at 10:28 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast