Rent Negotiable?

Rent Negotiable?

In your experience, how negotiable are rents in HK (especially serviced apartments on the island)? Do you have a better chance of getting a break if you involve a property agent? And if so, it is reasonable to talk a 13k flat down to 10K?

Thanks in advance!

rent is negotiable...you wont know if you dont ask..so good luck!

Really depends on the demand and supply if u ask me. if some1 else has looked at the same apartment and will pay 13k then u dont stand a chance.

Try for 10k if not maybe ask for other perks...other fees paid or free membership to xx club or whatever.

J

Mat

as an example mine was 8.200 and I ended up at 6.800..so yes you can negociate......

Serviced apartments are running full right now.

Best bets are to negotiate down by using the length of the contract. There is usually a discount for 3, 6 and 12 month periods.

Definitely

Agents and landlords have ridiculously inflated, imaginative views of what they think they'll get for their places, but as soon as you offer lower and start to walk they accept.

I was recently looking for places and regularly had prices reduced from 12-13k to 9 or 10.

After the absolute minimum amount of negotiation (ie a couple of offers...) the apartment I took went from 13k to 9.5

Always offer at least 25% less than the asking price. Landlords don't want their places empty and will jump to get tenants in.

Thanks everyone