How to best get from Oz to HK????

Closed Thread

Exclamation How to best get from Oz to HK????

Aussies! I need your help! How do i get stuff simply and quickly from Australia to HK?

I also have things like a computer and loads of books

Suggestions anyone? PLease!

I'm not an Aussie (Aussie Aussie Aussie oih oih oih!) but because you said 'anyone' I thought I would offer my 2 cents.
    If you have a fair amount of personal belongings I would recommend a shipping company like Allied Pickfords. You may find local outfits who can do better in the Yellow Pages.
    If you several large suitcases of stuff then you could consider unaccompanied luggage when you come over.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly:
    Aussies! I need your help! How do i get stuff simply and quickly from Australia to HK?

I also have things like a computer and loads of books

Suggestions anyone? PLease!
    hey curly,

As Dico said, try unaccompanied baggage.

if u are still in Oz you can try companies like:

http://www.jetta.com.au/

they will pick up luggage packed anyhow (boxes, bags, woteva) and send it on passenger flights to HK. check the site for details, but basically will puck up b4 u leave, and it will arrive anytime after that. they will also store it (at cost) at the destination for a period of time if needed. charges from $3.50-5.00 AUD per kg, from memory, with a 15kg minimum (Aussie post is about the same for under 15kg anyways).

never used them myself, but they seem to be the way to go. I will be sending text books, gadgets and bulky clothes thru these guys when i come back in early new year.

not sure how u'd go with computers etc, as the luggage is handled as normal luggage, i think (mb u better talk to Jetta Express to find that one out for urself...)

hope this helps,

Fwed