Snake Soup

Snake Soup

Can anyone recommend a good but inexpensive restaurant for snake soup in SHATIN or in the vicinity?

not many in Shatin, and most of them are yumcha restaurants. and some specialized ones are in MongKok or Yau Ma Tei.. i'd ask my mum the address weekend.

Or take a short train ride to Tai Po, there is one in the centre. Don't know what you call it as it's in Chinese. However there's a big picture of a snake at the front... (if that helps).

Thanks guys for your info.

I did find an excellent snake soup place in Sham Shui Po area.....not far from that computer center building. We had a middle size bowl each and it was plenty. $43/person....not bad at all. Various snakes were caged 2 feet from us and they were some of the most poisonious species in the world.....King Cobra and Krait, which was a little unnerving. The place was easy to find for it has a gigantic sign sticking out to the middle of the street. Unfortunately, there was NO
    English in the sign so if you don't read Chinese, you must ask some passers-by. Don't remember the street name either. If I go there again in the future, I will post it.

We went for the snake soup again today, and the address is 50 Kweilin St. (the same Chinese city of Guilin, but somehow the road sign was spelled differently) in Shim Shu Po. The name of the business is Shea Wong Sin Snake Hong. FYI for those who care.