Elderly Parents

Closed Thread

Elderly Parents

Just wanted to know if anyone can empathise with the career advancement and great for the kids experience versus the guilt at wanting to be at home looking after elderly parents as an only child???

My contract in Singapore is nearly up and we are currently job seeking. Hong Kong has long been a passion of mine and every opportunity I get I convince my wife and kids to hop over for a holiday!!! Even stayed at the Wang Fat Hostel once in Causeway Bay during the rugby as there was no where else. My wife never forgave me for that one!

Anyway I want to come to H.K and my wife and kids are up for it but mum and dad are desperate for us to come home. Job opportunities are limited in Sydney and the tax rate is terrible. My heart tells me one thing and my brain another.

Any kind advice appreciated.

jeez tough call, don't think you're alone. being a person of the world comes at a price few want to pay: you leave the people you love far and away.

i know exactly how you feel. your heart should tell you tho that there's only one shot at life and you sometimes gotta live it for yourself and not others. i know, lousy logic and not much help but as someone pretty much in your sit i can't think of anything else to say.

be strong, you're not selfish!