Have Euro passport but will get HK passport

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The HKID is enough for entry to and exit from HK but a HKSAR passport will allow you to get a "returning visa" to China for frequent travellers.

I know many people who has a British passport and a HKSAR passport. No big deal I think.

But isn't it strange if not utterly stupid for the HK imm dept to say that you can either apply for both or nothing? Hard to believe!

BUREAUCRACY!!!!

You will need to give up your EU passport before they give you the HK one. You can confirm this by visiting the immigration directly.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    The HKID is enough for entry to and exit from HK but a HKSAR passport will allow you to get a "returning visa" to China for frequent travellers.
    Is this "returning visa" the same as the "hui xiang ka/zheng" (Mandarin)? Where do you apply for the "returning visa"?

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    You will need to give up your EU passport before they give you the HK one. You can confirm this by visiting the immigration directly.
    really? I know quite a few people with a HKSAR passport and another passport.

Quote Originally Posted by tsuiwah:
    Is this "returning visa" the same as the "hui xiang ka/zheng" (Mandarin)? Where do you apply for the "returning visa"?
    China Travel Service or China Resources Building.

I am partly wrong. It is issued by the China Travel Services (Wanchai, Mong Kok and Shau Kei Wan) but you can't get it at the China Resources Building anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Turns out you can have both. Confirmed with imm department.

It wouldn't make sense for HK to force half the population to renounce their overseas passports just so that they can have a HK passport. HK is special b/c it encourages foreign blood. I am a EU and Canadian citizen and I applied to ID card, return-to-motherland card, passport no problem and I know people who has more.

i'm dutch as well, and i'm allowed to have both passports... why not have two then? at least you'll be allowed to travel to practically any country in the world without a visa...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast