i suggest a sensible way:
1. first take away the housing cost in US. e.g. 8k USD of your 75K. that leaves 67k USD.
2. depending on what situation, if they are asking you to come or you are asking to be posted. if former, do a 30~40% kind of premium (hardship allowance). if latter, put a 10~20% premium for the anticipated cost of living increase.
3. assuming 40%, then it becomes 67*1.4 = 93.8k USD.
4. add back housing expectation, probably 2.5k USD p/m or 30k USD. That gives you back 123.8k USD.
5. but if you are really keen to come, and you think the company is not going to pay you if you ask for 125k USD, then forget about the cost of living premium.
6. suspect the actual cost of living, minus the housing, are in fact more or less the same. as long as you choose not to drive and take public transport (e.g. cab).
that's what i wld count.