What is that smell??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What is that smell??

Im wondering if someone can explain to me what that awful smell is that i keep getting in some shops, toilets, and cinemas? Is it an air freshner?
    Its like a toxic disgusting smell! The smell reminds me of Thailand, i remember a room i stayed in had this same smell, as if its a room fragrance?
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it makes them gag?
    I was in the cinema last night and i felt like it kept on being sprayed directly on me, or as if it was coming from the people sat next to me. I was close to walking out, and spent the whole time breathing through my scarfe! when i did leave, my cardigan stank of it just on the one side next to the people i was sat next to!
    My boyfriend was on the other side of me, and he could smell it, but he didnt get it as stong as i did. Was this crazy lady spraying me with something?
    What is that smell????

A hallucination?

Absolutely no idea as I have never noticed a widespread smell like that. Must be something you are particular sensitive too.

I think it's air freshener. It's horrible - I agree.

It's nothing, just ignore it.
    Sincerely,
    - The Government.

I think you have a problem wenders - I've never smelt such as you describe at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    I think you have a problem wenders - I've never smelt such as you describe at all.
    It appears to be something only picked up by the famous female sense of smell.

Well, my boyfriend could also smell it, so there was something there, but it was seriously making me feel ill! It was giving me a headache.
    It must have been coming from the people i was sat next to, the smelly cardigan when we got out of there proved it was coming from that side! .. And my boyfriend could smell it on my cardigan too!
    If it is an air freshner, maybe they had just bought a bag full of them and put them by my feet.
    Yuk why would anyone want their house to smell like that!?

Ohhhhhhh
    Probably moth balls!!! You smell that all around here....
    Old Fashioned Moth Balls | Walgreens

Quote Originally Posted by wenders:
    Well, my boyfriend could also smell it, so there was something there, but it was seriously making me feel ill! It was giving me a headache.
    It must have been coming from the people i was sat next to, the smelly cardigan when we got out of there proved it was coming from that side! .. And my boyfriend could smell it on my cardigan too!
    If it is an air freshner, maybe they had just bought a bag full of them and put them by my feet.
    Yuk why would anyone want their house to smell like that!?
    Generally men have a pretty crap sense of smell so the options are:

GF: "Smell this it is horrible" (why do people always want you to smell things that are disgusting by the way?)
    BF: "Can't smell anything"
    GF: "Yes you can, don't be stupid"

OR

GF: "Smell this it is horrible"
    BF: "Yes my darling it is horrible" (so avoiding the argument).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast