How to bring Thai partner to HK

Closed Thread

Question How to bring Thai partner to HK

I may be moving to Hong Kong for work but would want to bring my Thai partner, who currently lived in Thailand and only has a Thai passport, to live with me. Thai's do not need visa's to enter HK, but what about to live with someone who is living in HK on a work visa? Does anyone have any advice?

Types of Visas could include work, investment, dependant, domestic helper

If you are married to your partner then she should be able to stay with you but not work. Thai's do need visa like everyone else, just they are issued upon arrival.

If you are not married then your partner may have problems staying longer than a few weeks or months at a time.

I think Nik should be able to help on this one.

Emigra

hello

If you plan to bring your partner with you to Hong Kong then they will have a visa free period for visit for 30 days if they are a Thai National. Once they are in Hong Kong they then can apply for a extended visitors visa. If they are a business professional then securing a sponsor and applying for their own employment visa is also an option. If you were married then they could apply for a dependant visa, but as Kevin said could not legally work in Hong Kong.

How To Bring Thai Partner to HK

We are not married, which is why I am concerned.
    I was visiting HK in September this year and she came to meet me. I waited in the Arrival Hall and when she eventually got through it seems she had been well grilled! Probably totally normal, but it has given me concerns, and maybe it would be best that we entered the country together should this eventuality occur. I am certainly not worried whether she is allowed to work or not, but more that she is allowed to stay with me as long as I have my Work Visa status.

If this comes to pass, is there anyone I can use professionally to help smooth this through?

Thanks for the advice?

Since she is Thai she could get a domestic helper Visa.

You could write up a fake contract to say she is being employed by you.