Like Tree1Likes

Looking to meet a few people on here before I move over in August

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Looking to meet a few people on here before I move over in August

Hi, I'm 28/f currently in London and moving to Hong Kong in August to start work at a school in New Territories. I'm hoping to meet someone who is also moving there around the same time, or get in contact with someone who lives there already so there will be a friendly face when I arrive!

I'm hoping to live on Hong Kong Island and commute to work (in Sha Tin) as I love the city life and I hear there's a club with a bouncy castle floor - has anyone been there?!

Thanks
    Sarah

You are aware that if Shatin were in the UK it would be one of the largest cities? It's bigger than Sheffield or Bristol or Edinburgh, for example.

Oh, and bouncy castles are for kids, not adults.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You are aware that if Shatin were in the UK it would be one of the largest cities? It's bigger than Sheffield or Bristol or Edinburgh, for example.
    Shatin may be bigger than Sheffield, but (for me at least) it's also about as appealing to live in as Sheffield (i.e. not very) but with even less to do in terms of entertainment/night-life.

I can totally understand why a new-comer would want to be on HK island. Also, for a teacher, living further away from school means no chance of bumping into your kids whilst out and about.

Sarah - haven't heard of the bouncy castle floored club sorry!
    Augustarriver likes this.

Thanks ArKay, I'm just hoping to find out a bit of information about the place before I arrive and you are completely right about being away from the children a little bit! Are you a teacher too?

Yes I'm a teacher. And I've taken my own advice a bit too far as I work at one end of HK and teach at the other! Are you coming over as a NET or to an international school?

I got a job with ESF and they placed me in the Shatin school. Are you primary or secondary? I can imagine it's hugely different from teaching here - have you been in HK for a while?

Sarah - I've sent you a PM.

we can always meet. I live in taipo. And i love cycling as a sport. Taipo to shatin is very famous for bicycling, jogging or running. Or even taking a walk is nice. It is not far from saikung either. And very famous for bbq outing. Tai mei tuk is very famous for bbq.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, and bouncy castles are for kids, not adults.[/QUOTE]

Says who????

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:

Oh, and bouncy castles are for kids, not adults.

what a debbie downer.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast