Rent issues: bargain? furnished/unfurnished? & wat is it w swimming pools?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Most swimming pools are closed in Winter, that is from October till April.

I pay $7000 per month for the apartment and $20 each visit to the public swimming pool within 10min walking distance. For just tanning I use my rooftop.

Compared to 48K that is quite a bargain.

$7k for the apt? tat's cheap! N U HAE A ROOFTOP?! which area do u stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    Most swimming pools are closed in Winter, that is from October till April.

I pay $7000 per month for the apartment and $20 each visit to the public swimming pool within 10min walking distance. For just tanning I use my rooftop.

Compared to 48K that is quite a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by andante:
    $7k for the apt? tat's cheap! N U HAE A ROOFTOP?! which area do u stay?
    These are 3-floor village houses (I have the top floor with the rooftop). The price on them is pretty much the same in Lantau, Cheung Chau, Peng Chau, Lamma and Sai Kung (and partly Clearwater Bay).

You can get a 900sqft House with three floors for 6K (and no management fee), if you are lucky. The downside is, that not all places have schools or kindergartens, and that supermarkets might be a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    These are 3-floor village houses (I have the top floor with the rooftop). The price on them is pretty much the same in Lantau, Cheung Chau, Peng Chau, Lamma and Sai Kung (and partly Clearwater Bay).

You can get a 900sqft House with three floors for 6K (and no management fee), if you are lucky. The downside is, that not all places have schools or kindergartens, and that supermarkets might be a bit off.
    no wonder.. but i like someting more central.. think a roof top is equally as cool as a pool.

andante,
    Since you have been searching the internet, don't forget the classifieds in geoexpact site. You might consider Park Island, esp. if you are working in central. I understand that the developer provides 2 club houses, blue and green. There's an indoor all-weather swimming pool in the "blue club-house", if you are keen to enjoy swimming. Indeed you can enjoy resort-style living in the greenery environment.

looks gd.. but damn far off central isnt it?

Park Island

It's a trade off. Rentals at Park Island are about half what mid-levels apartments are, with similar facilities and environment.

Many expats like Discovery Bay but may be ignorant about Park Island, which is a new project. At Park Island, the developer, SHK Properties, provide nice land scape and full club facilities, including an all-weather swimming pool etc. etc.... even a bowling hall. There are lots of units to choose from, all with modern kitchens, and some with balcony and more spacious kayouts.

Park Island is served by 24-hour ferry to Central at 30 min frequency of 20-25 min a trip. The pier is directly opposite IFC, in Central, just 1 MTR station away from Admiralty.

Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3