Moving from India to HK. Please help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moving from India to HK. Please help

I am moving from India to HK. I am working in an IT company. As i have read the response from various members, i think 15000 HKD seems to be less.

My Expense sheet will be:

1. A shared Room Rent ( I prefered shared).
    2. Food. (if i take outside).
    3. Transport ( Will try public transport).
    4. Grocery items..

Can you please please tell how much will each of these cost per month.

Also, as i am looking for a shared accomodation, if any indian interested there then please let me know.

red

Its impossible to say how much you will need for all your outgoings.

To rent a room it could cost anything from around 2,500 upwards
    public transport especially trams, buses are v v cheap
    groceries obviously depends on what you eat and how much!! Chinese food is cheap.

I think if you find a cheap room to rent (like in the 3000) region -and theres many about - then your budget will be fine

Good luck!!

Thanks Red. I think the major expense is of rent only. How to find the rented apartment in HK.

You might be better of letting your company handle it. There will be some deposits involved when you rent -- even if you share.

Plan on having them put you up in a hotel for a week or so while you're here .. so you can look for a cheap rental (they go very fast.. you'd have to be here to rent).

I want to save 5000 HKD from my 15000 HKD salary. so i m worried whether i can sustain with 10000 HKD.

possible to save 1/3 of your salary but i guess you have to watch what you spend carefully.

Thanks for your responses. Can you please tell me about food there. What type of food they serve there.

hey man, hows it goin'? first things first ... 15K HKD per month seems real low buddy, u may wanna re-negotiate.

even if u share its gonna cost u a lot, north of say 3-4K unless the place is a real far out place or very very small. taxes are minimal but they do exist so budget for that. if u live far away, then there is travel.

food, u get all kinds of food at all kinda of prices. indian too, but again it wont be cheap eating out all meals.

gotta be at least 30K man .... think before taking this plunge.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by philly19104_us
    hey man, hows it goin'? first things first ... 15K HKD per month seems real low buddy, u may wanna re-negotiate.

even if u share its gonna cost u a lot, north of say 3-4K unless the place is a real far out place or very very small. taxes are minimal but they do exist so budget for that. if u live far away, then there is travel.

food, u get all kinds of food at all kinda of prices. indian too, but again it wont be cheap eating out all meals.

gotta be at least 30K man .... think before taking this plunge.

good luck

Hi Philly,

As per the responses of other members, 15000 seems to be reasonably good. Can you please elaborate you estimate.

The cost of living is hongkong is bothering me a lot.

Have to disagree with philly and you can live on 15k a month but you need to be very careful with your money.

Eating out is cheap if you go to the local places such as cafe de coral and fairwood etc, you cna get a good meal with drink for $30 with no problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast