Renting at Park Island

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ferry takes 23 minutes. Yes, I agree it would usually not be practical to walk to Bonham Road. So I think a ferry and then accordingly a taxi would be the most suitable method to commute, in practice.

What is the availability of taxi's in the morning there? I imagine it might be quite difficult to get one around peak commuting times.

I have never had a problem at the time I went (which is usually in the weekends). However, I did hear from my friends that PI taxi on arrival is very good, as the PI ferry always arrives 4 or 5 minutes ahead of the DB ferry, so all the PI residents grab the taxies, much to the annoyance of the people who arrive from DB.

Ahh - so there is a shortage of taxi's in peak times and you're at the whim of ferry operators changing their timetables or one being a bit quicker/slower on any morning... not a great situation to be in with the summer weather.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Ahh - so there is a shortage of taxi's in peak times and you're at the whim of ferry operators changing their timetables or one being a bit quicker/slower on any morning... not a great situation to be in with the summer weather.
    When you choose to live in PI, or DB, or Tung Chung, or Sai Kung, or GC, you know transport is less good than if you were in TST or Central, it is obvious.

You choose to live there for other reason, not for transport efficiency.

Is this not the same with buses ?
    Last edited by SiuMaiTaiTai; 07-06-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    Don't get him start on buses !

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    TheBrit lives on top of an MTR station if I am not wrong so I do not think he uses buses to go to work + anything above 20 mn is far for him (this is not a critic since I can understand that some ppl do not like commuting, and it is fair enough - I do not mind but fully understand that for some ppl it is not their cup of tea)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    When you choose to live in PI, or DB, or Tung Chung, or Sai Kung, or GC, you know transport is less good than if you were in TST or Central, it is obvious.

You choose to live there for other reason, not for transport efficiency.
    I agree... Just correcting randy's misinformation about the half hour commute when it is likely to be over double that. I wish someone has done the same for me when Min07 said it took 25 mins from GC to central!

in the last two years the ferry timetables have not changed, and indeed PI is usually ahead of DB ferries as they leave at the same time on their island but the PI ride is a few mins shorter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast