Renting at Park Island

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I have never had a problem at the time I went (which is usually in the weekends). However, I did hear from my friends that PI taxi on arrival is very good, as the PI ferry always arrives 4 or 5 minutes ahead of the DB ferry, so all the PI residents grab the taxies, much to the annoyance of the people who arrive from DB.

Original Post Deleted
    When you choose to live in PI, or DB, or Tung Chung, or Sai Kung, or GC, you know transport is less good than if you were in TST or Central, it is obvious.

You choose to live there for other reason, not for transport efficiency.

Original Post Deleted
    Is this not the same with buses ?
    Last edited by SiuMaiTaiTai; 07-06-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    Don't get him start on buses !

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    DeletedUser lives on top of an MTR station if I am not wrong so I do not think he uses buses to go to work + anything above 20 mn is far for him (this is not a critic since I can understand that some ppl do not like commuting, and it is fair enough - I do not mind but fully understand that for some ppl it is not their cup of tea)

Original Post Deleted
    in the last two years the ferry timetables have not changed, and indeed PI is usually ahead of DB ferries as they leave at the same time on their island but the PI ride is a few mins shorter.

This is exactly what my friend said. The DB people simply always arrive later as their ferry is slower (or perhaps their trip is also longer). So, if they depart at the same time, which they typically do, the Park Island ferry will always arrive earlier.

The Brit - the trip is exactly 23 minutes. Ferry departs on time, and arrives always in Central in 23 minutes so far as I was on there. And taxi direct to central is 15 or 16 minutes (I timed the trip on two occasions).

Original Post Deleted
    The same can be said about any type of transport though, MTR included (not weather or schedule though ) since I have been more than once in the last few years stuck in the MTR at peak hours.

Basically any transport has some sort of issues:
    MTR you are packed like a sardine at peak hours but it is usually quicker - although you sometimes have to wait 2/3 boardings before getting a chance to get in (8.30 AM in TST, try it...)
    Buses you are more dependent on schedule and traffic
    Ferry you are more dependent on schedule and weather

all this is hardly news.

For me the proof is in the language...when I commute to my Tuen Mun office it's about 10 minutes give or take, to Tin Shui Wai is 15 - 20 minutes depending on traffic.

DB and PI it's like: 37 minutes!, or 42 minutes! or worse, 23 minutes! Very funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    For me the proof is in the language...when I commute to my Tuen Mun office it's about 10 minutes give or take, to Tin Shui Wai is 15 - 20 minutes depending on traffic.

DB and PI it's like: 37 minutes!, or 42 minutes! or worse, 23 minutes! Very funny!!
    from where?