Shipping Companies UK to HK?

Closed Thread

Shipping Companies UK to HK?

Can anyone recommend any shipping companies to move from UK to HK, bearing in mind I have a lot of electrical equipment......
    Also any idea of the costs per cubic metre?
    Many thanks in advance...

I used Seven Seas a few years ago, was pretty good and it was a door to door service but can't remeber their charges; shouldn't be too expensive.

Try and pick up a copy of TNT magazine. Check their website for a list of pickup locations:

http://www.tntmagazine.com/

The classifieds section has a huge list of shipping companies. Companies like Excess Baggage, Anglo PAcific are quite reputable. Best to call a few of them to get quotes. You'll need to let them know how much you'll be shipping (bulky items, weight) in order to get a price.

We used Abels door to door shipping. The service and the customer service was very poor on the UK side. We recommend NOT to use them.

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations (and non- recommendations)....I will check out TNT / Seven Seas

Is 6 weeks about the normal amount of time for UK to HK?

Our shipping took 4 months.

My shipment from the UK with Sevenseas took about 7 weeks door to door. Very easy process, and good value it seemed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by honkkongjohn:
    Thanks to everyone for your recommendations (and non- recommendations)....I will check out TNT / Seven Seas

Is 6 weeks about the normal amount of time for UK to HK?
    If you choose sea freight 6 weeks would be the quickest you'll get it but it'd be best to budget for 10 weeks. Air freight I think is 10 to 15 days or thereabouts.

Err .. ask our sponsors Links for a free quote.

http://www.linksrelo.com

Take that and compare ...